“Bad, Bad, Bad.”

La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Very overpriced. Unusable for anyone with a very mild handicap. Toilet backed up until about halfway through our stay. Tried to use the conference room bathrooms. As bad as in the room. As a veteran of the hospitality industry, I would dump this dump in a heartbeat. Needs mega normal maintenance.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Bubbacpa
Management response:Responded 15 September 2017

I’ve received your review of La Quinta New York City - Queens. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations.I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.
Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn once again.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

By far the worst experience from customer service to room service. First time after using La Quinta I try to cancel reservation, but was a few days late in cancelling and they would not honor my request. 5 years of giving my money to this chain with gold memebership, and this is what you get on your first mistake!!! Since I was charged I decided to go stay just to find out that my room was no longer available, so I was put in a room that smelled all like you've been smoking all day from the blankets, sheets, bathroom everything. Carpet ripping off, furniture nothing like the internet picture, old, and the tub and bathroom the water would not go down. STAY AWAY!!!!! I can just show and tell my experience, but ultimate you can make your decision and take your chance. Again if you smoke i guess this si perfect, if you don't mind the ripped carpet, the ugly tub, that the shower water doesn't go down easy and starts filled up, the bad service, the front desk never picking up called more than ten time and nothing, even that guy smiling right next to the door..... and would honor a gold member for 5 years, what's the point of giving your money to someone that will treat you like this. The first picture is the tub, second is the ac if you close the window it will cover the ac if not everyone from the street can see you, third the carpet ripping, fourth is room outdated look. Oh and the worst is the amount of noise in the room that we could not find from what it was coming from !!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jgenao
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Queens New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for being apart of the La Quinta family and sharing your comments regarding this recent stay with us. First and foremost, please accept our sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory stay. While negative reviews are disappointing to our team, it provides us with an opportunity to improve. We take great pride in delivering a quality product and superior service and clearly failed to do so for you. We will be forwarding your comments to our management team for review so that similar situations do not occur. In our ongoing efforts to improve there is no better tool than our guest’s feedback, whether positive or negative. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Respectfully,
Lacey

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have been staying at this hotel a few times/ year for three years. I appreciate the low price and free breakfast, and can overlook the overall unkept appearance of the hotel. However, this time there were just too many maintenance problems. I was on the fourth floor, and my door lock did not work. On my first night, I made three trips back down to the lobby to get a new key. Finally the desk clerk came to the room with me and got the lock to work. The lock never worked correctly again. I would swipe it at least 20 times before giving up and going downstairs to ask for help. Also, there were some broken items in the room. The towels were very thin. The maintenance man was also the "breakfast guy". I don't know if the lower room rates do not provide enough income for basic repairs and staffing, but I have definitely noticed a decline in quality. However, the staff at the desk is always pleasant and tries to help.Unfortunately I will probably stay here again because of the proximity to my destination.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Queens New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are very sorry to hear that several aspects throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not the experience we hoped you would have with us. Please note that your concerns regarding maintenance issues have been passed on to our Maintenance and Management Teams. We do hope you will give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Danielle

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Location was great you can take the train and go everywhere but the food was gross and the room was noisy, the staff are very noisy I can hear them to my room chatting and the front seat don't answer the phone calls, you need to call and call for them to pick up the phone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Queens New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your review and for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We are extremely disappointed to hear about the noise and breakfast issues you encountered. We are so sorry this occurred during your visit and have shared your comments with our management staff to ensure the issues are corrected immediately. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Diana - LQ Customer Care

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Staff members are so rude and service is so bad ....please don't stay at this place.....staff is horrible and no courtesy at all, specially the front desk people, they are most horrible and rude people I have ever seen. They promised us third-party credit card charge when we booked online, and the guests were forced to submit their credit card as well. And on top of that, both the credit cards were charged, no rule in accounting.

Room Tip: Never stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Queens New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for your direct and genuine comments. Rest assured, we will be looking into the comments you have made about your experience with our staff members. We hope to continue to have you as our guest, and look forward to another chance to serve you. Your feedback is taken seriously and we are taking steps to make the guest experience even better.

Respectfully,