“Disappointing Father's Day”

Beardslee Castle
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Little Falls
Price range: USD 10 - USD 34
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dine in a historic 1860 stone castle featuring creative, fresh, local & sustainable cuisine. Chef owned for 24 years. Upscale dining on the main floor, casual bar & grill in The Dungeon, banquets and weddings in the top floor banquet room. Seasonal menu, wood grilling, everything from grilled hand cut meats (steaks, lamb, venison, veal), the freshest seafood and creative vegetarian options. 125 selection beer list and 300 selection award winning wine list. All set in the incomparable ambiance of a restored limestone landmark castle. Seasonal hours, visit our website!
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Went to Beardslee for FD and was so disappointed, mostly in the service. We opted to eat downstairs as my significant other wanted a light dinner and I wanted something more Beardslee. We noted there were several diners in the back dining room but we were seated in a room off the bar by ourselves. Hmmmm. It was cool and comfortable. Orders were taken for drinks. And they arrived shortly. We ordered our meals, opting for an order of their fried ravioli with a light tomato basil sauce and pine nuts. He ordered a burger and I ordered the pan seared scallops. The ravioli came out within a few minutes ~ 3 ravioli for $7 was a bit steep but were very very good. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. The server never returned to our table to explain the long wait. It took about 20 minutes and finally our meals arrived. Although I ordered an entree off the main menu I was not offered bread or rolls (don't even know if they come with your meal). My scallops served over a rice & chive cake in a hoisin sauce was delicious. His burger was over salted and we waited for ketchup. Another server finally brought us some in an almost empty squeeze bottle. There was no excuse for this. This is an upscale dining experience. Although I was satisfied with the food my honey was not. The server was not on her game. We were isolated and had a hard time getting her attention. She hardly came to check on us. Shame on you Beardslee.

Date of visit: June 2018
Randall B, Owner at Beardslee Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Sorry to hear of your service issues. As you noted Haley was kept a bit busier than might be normal with 4 larger groups in the other dining area. And she should have delivered bread with your dinner. The wait for ketchup is a major misstep as it should have arrived along with your meal as the burger came with fries. 20 minutes between appetizer and entree when the restaurant is busy isn't great but not really much longer than it should have been. I'm sure it was amplified by your feeling of solitude. In cases where people have disappointing dining experiences at any restaurant it often starts with a perceived slight or problem, in your case being seated in a room by yourselves (thus - 'hmmmm') which for many people is a plus but led to your feeling of being abandoned by your server. I apologize for our slip ups and assure you that we will address them with the staff. In any case I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and hope you can enjoy a return visit soon so we can deliver the quality we're known for.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We wanted to go here for a long time and finally made a point of visiting. This place is beautiful; the grounds are well done. The interior is very authentic of the period.
More importantly, the food and service is outstanding. It is worth the drive from Albany, NY, where we live.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018

My sisters and I enjoyed dinner at Beardslee Castle with our mother, to celebrate her birthday. When we made our reservation we asked for a table in a quiet area so we could easily talk. Our table was against a window in a private room. It was a beautiful setting and we had no problems carrying on a full table conversation. Our server was very helpful with ordering. The wine list was extensive. We enjoyed several appetizers and a variety of meals. Our favorites were the Brussels sprouts appetizer and the duck breast entree. Meals included a delicious salad. We would definitely return for a special celebration.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Went there for a friend's birthday, totally not what I had expected. The outside is beautiful, but the inside is decorated horribly. The "dungeon" was pretty neat and the girls who worked down there were nice. Dinner was not good. I had prime rib that had some kind of brown gravy all over it-- was not even close to au-jus. My husband ordered steak that was not cooked at all. We were very disappointed. Not worth the hour and a half drive.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018

This is the nicest restaurant in the area hands down. We had a lovely dinner with family from out of town, and the atmosphere was amazing, so was the food.

Date of visit: August 2017