See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. The room was clean. Breakfast was perfect. No one said a word when I took it back to my room. My only real complaint is they charge $10.00 for an extra towel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
William D, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction. I am concerned though regarding being charged $10.00 for an extra towel as that is not our policy when it comes to providing guests with extra towels if needed. While we do charge guests for damage to towels or theft of them we don't charge when a guest asked for extras towels. I am having difficulty locating your account based on your user ID, I would love it if you called the hotel and provided more detail so that this matter can be investigated. Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Worst Hotel experience ever. I travel for work and always stay in hotels, this will be my last Wyndham. I booked a king smoking room with an HD TV ( as shown in confirmation picture). Upon checkin, I told the front desk that I booked a HD tv and I have a tube TV that will not change channels. It was stuck on ABC news. I hate the news. The remote turned the TV off and changed the volume but stuck on ONE channel. Front desk said they will let the technician and manager know. I also had a burn hole in the comforter and no ashtray. I went to work and second day I get to the hotel, nothing was fixed. I let the front desk know again and she went to every vacant room and they were all tube TV. I need a HD TV to hook up my PS4 that I just bought a brand new game and planned on playing since I paid $40 extra for early release. I asked for a refund and they said they would talk to the manager. I went to work, last day i get back to the hotel was at 230am. My temperature was freezing in the room when I left the heat on. I just moved from Las Vegas, I want my room warm. I then went to the front desk and asked for a refund for a 3rd time, the front desk called the manager and then hung up and said he can not do anything at the moment. I asked for him to call him back and ask for a refund because I check out in a few hours. They then called the police and has me escorted out of the hotel at 330am with no place to go and 6 hours before work with no shower. I then had to walk down the freeway with a dead cell phone ( couldn't call an Uber) to charge phone at McDonalds and couldn't drive because I just got back from having drinks with co-workers. I was left stranded for asking for a refund. I work for a Photography Company which is a huge nationwide company that travels and booked hotels regularly. We will now be strictly choice hotels. I still have not received a refund. I have called 4 times since check out and keep getting told to call back when a manager is available. My next step is BBB (Better Business Bureau).

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
William D, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

While we are certainly sorry to hear that we failed your expectations of what you booked as far as a room choice, etc. we do need to point out a major discrepancy regarding your review. You stated that the police were called and had you escorted out of the building at 3:30 am. While we do acknowledge that we did call the police, your timing regarding when this occurred is FALSE. You did not appear at the desk until 5:22 am, this was confirmed through video surveillance and based on the timing when the Front Desk staff member reached out to management regarding your request for a refund. The police arrived at the hotel at 5:42 am which again is verified through video surveillance which is when you walked away from the desk. Let me be clear that no staff member has to or needs to get on the phone with a guest during a staff member’s personal time away for a non-emergency reason including members of management. While we will always address a guest’s concerns, those concerns will be addressed during appropriate hours and when management is present at the hotel. There are various forms of communication that a guest can use to reach out to management. This can be done in person, over the phone or through email. Management was scheduled to arrive at 7 am on the date of your departure, you would have been able to discuss your issues at that time. Because you chose to do it at the hour you did, not only did you cause a scene, you disturbed other guests of the hotel in which we received complaints on. Due to your inappropriate behavior, the decision was made to have the police called to have you escorted out of the building. No staff member has to tolerate inappropriate behavior from other staff members and guests alike. If we feel a guest is being inappropriate to either a staff member or other guests, they will be asked to leave and if they do not comply, the police will be called.

When you arrived on 09/12 and advised the front desk that the room you were placed in didn’t have the desired amenities, management was made aware of the situation. On your arrival night, we did not have any other rooms available at that time to move you to. The next day, management in an attempt to resolve your concerns, advised the evening desk staff that if the guest wishes to move rooms that had the desired flat screen T.V., that would have been made available to you. Management attempted to reach you through your guest room earlier in the day by calling and stopping up to your guest room, but you were not present, so management advised the desk staff to move you into another room should you so desire to. Why that did not happen, I am not sure of. You also claimed that the T.V. remote was not changing channels for you, this was a simple fix as the eye that is connected to the cable box fell behind the entertainment stand. That eye is required to be on the entertainment stand for the remote to function properly.

You also stated that a member of management has not reached back to you regarding a refund. You called the hotel on 9/20 in the evening hours. The front desk staff member advised you that management was going to be available between the hours of 7am – 4 pm the following day, you did not follow up as you indicated you were going to.

Yes, our website does indicate that we have flat screen T.V.s, however, the website does not state that they are available in every room. The hotel is in its early stages of a full renovation which includes upgrading all T.V.s. As of right now, 40% of the hotel has flat screens. The picture you referenced in your confirmation was just a standard photo of what a typical guest room would look like, not the specific room you chose. The hotel cannot be held responsible for your desire to purchase an early release of a game. A simple phone call to confirm if your desired amenities were available prior to you booking with us could have alleviated your issues where you could have booked elsewhere. Even if your guest room had a flat screen T.V. there is always the possibility of the T.V. malfunctioning in situations beyond our control. You were a guest that was here for 3 nights, if after the first night you didn’t find your accommodations up to your satisfaction, you could have checked out on the second day and gone to another hotel that would have met your needs. If you truly were not happy here, you would not have been charged for the additional 2 days and probably would not have been charged for the first night. But, because you opted to stay for the entire duration, you still utilized the services of the hotel and now wish for a full refund for the entire stay? At the end of the day, we still provided a service to you. If you wish to pursue seeking out the Better Business Bureau, that is certainly your right to do so, however, we will respond accordingly.

While again, we are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, we do stand behind our decisions and actions.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Six motorcyclists checked into this dated and shabby hotel and without warning informed a $50 hold would be put on each credit card for "incidentals." The lobby was warm, no elevators, only 1 ice machine was operable and even the "Daybreak" breakfast room sign was missing a letter! The room was not clean and almost nothing worked. The TV didn't work...no picture just sound and unable to change channels. No room darkening curtains...only shears that allowed the spotlight from the business across to illuminate the room ALL night plus there were hairpins left on the window sill. The fridge was completely iced-up but 2 bottles and 1 can of beer were inside. The ceiling in the shower was moldy, the drain and bottom of the shower curtain were brown, and there was a mysterious wad on the top ledge of the shower. The bed's bottom fitted sheet didn't "fit" and slipped off and bunched up during the night. We didn't inform the front desk because it was late and we were exhausted after riding 400 miles but we will never stay again and won't recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane J
Derrick M, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

I’m genuinely sorry for your bad experience. We do take an additional hold on credit cards (many hotels do) but it’s just an authorization and goes back on your card automatically.

It seems to me you were put in a dirty room. While there’s no excuse for that on our end, I do wish you could have let us know so we could fix the problem:(

Often times the tv is just set on the wrong source somehow and we do have blackout curtains. Also, as mentioned, I really think you got put in a dirty room based on your description so that’s something we would remedy immediately.

Again, I’m genuinely sorry for your experience and it’s not the norm

Reviewed 22 August 2018

The staff were very professional and kind. They answered all my question or concern.Location; very close to the airport and free shuttle.The rooms were very clean and comfortable.Breakfast menu needs improvement.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found your accommodations to your liking. We apologize that the breakfast however, didn't meet your needs. We offer a pretty basic continental breakfast which is pretty standard amongst our brand of hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We were very satisfied with our stay at this location.. the manager who checked us in on July 1 .was very cordial.We were able to leave our vehicle there for the duration of our vacation.. They called a taxi for us.. and paid as they use them as their shuttle service.The Days Inn.is located very close to the Albany airport..I t was quiet...the rooms are situated with a nice bathroom area..closet, t.v., microwave, tea/coffee maker.. and a very comfortable bed. Just make sure to lock your door with the extra lock.as the outside exit door does not close tightly. They do have a breakfast area.. served from 6- 9a.am.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you found your stay with us a pleasant one. While I understand your concerns regarding the locks on the outside doors, I can assure you that there has never been any issues at our hotel. Beginning late fall, the hotel is scheduled for a full renovation which is going to include the locks on the outside Thank you again for being our guest.