See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I would stay here again if I couldn't find any place else at is low of a price in that area but reluctantly. The first room smell like smoke and I asked for a no-smoking room which I booked a week in advance. I brought my two daughters with me and the second room that they switch me to had one king bed. I didn't want to push my luck so we took it. Breakfast was okay though. For $68 with breakfast included I can't complain that much. Bathroom was cleaning to.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Derrick M, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks for your objective review.

We don’t have smoking rooms so the reservation process was right but sounds like the room obviously smelled like smoke. I’m guessing they didn’t have another 2-bed room available? Feel free to reach out to me to tell me more about the situation as I don’t have it on file.

We do feel like we offer a really good value for an economy hotel. Good service, a clean room, and decent breakfast (including waffles and fresh fruit).
We are admittedly no match in quality to some of the area hotels that are starting at $30-40 more and guests should consider that when choosing a hotel.

Thanks again

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I would recommend this place if you are flying through Albany airport. It is about 3 minutes from the airport but the big difference is the people who work here. they seemed to genuinely care about my comfort. I was a bit stressed and they were kind and patient. the room was perfect, the bed was great. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Derrick M, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks for your kind review, it really means a lot.

We often get beat up on here and it doesn’t reflect the average guest experience for us. We have some really great service scores because we really do care about our guests.

We are an economy hotel/brand and it’s important that guets understand that designation in terms of expectations but what we lack in terms of “new rooms” we try to make up for with good service and to make sure the guest has a nice clean room.

Thanks again for your review

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I found mouse droppings in my bed. My guest found dropping in her bed as well. I also found hair in my bed. This place is completely unsanitary. The manager didn’t want to come speak with me. No apologies as well.

This resort should be shut down.
Illl never go in any of their resorts knowing the are unclean. Take a look at the mouse dropping in the photo!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Derrick M, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

I believe the assistant manager was made aware of this situation. He actually took some of his own pictures of the room and I can say from what I saw the room was pretty unsanitary to say the least (beyond the alleged mouse droppings); the way that it was left. I won’t go into details beyond that.

We are admittedly an older hotel but we pride ourselves on good service and a clean room. It doesn’t show up here on TripAdvisor but our guest service scores are excellent in service and definitely on the “good” side of the spectrum in cleanliness. Sometimes we miss the mark but I’m not sure we did here.

The assistant manager therefore felt compensation was not warranted in this case. I do however apologize that someone did not communicate this to you directly and I will make sure we improve in this area going forward.

I do appreciate feeedback where positive or negative and I’m sorry we didn’t meet your lodging needs.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I unfortunately booked this hotel because it was $10 less than the other surrounding hotels and from the pictures posted on the website the property seemed almost equal to the other competitors in the vicinity. WHAT A MISTAKE. The property is located directly across from a Juvenile Facility and I can tell you that I am sure the Juvenile facility is cleaner. When we arrived, the outside of the hotel gave the appearance of a hotel in a horror movie. There were large dumpsters surrounding the property, filled with old furniture and other discarded items. There were rusted out items discarded in the parking lot, including what appeared to be an empty rusted trailer on the side of the building. The hotel lobby itself was not vacuumed it seemed in years and the smell upon entry of the building was overpowering of left over garbage and rotting food. The room was worse. Very bad smell rotting food smell, an old TV left over from the 80's and a dirty disgusting floor that we did not dare put bare feet on. The covers on the beds looked and smelled like they had been lifted from one of the dumpsters outside. The property advertised that it allowed pets, so we booked the room with our little 10 lb. pom-chi in mind. The property was so dirty, one time outside and she returned with at least 4 ticks we found crawling on her body. We couldn't wait to get out of there, so we didn't even bother with eating anything from the breakfast room. The property was so disgusting, didn't want to consume anything from the hotel. I frequently travel for both business and pleasure, so please take this as a warning - DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE AND STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVEN IF IT IS FREE. After this review, I will be contacting the local health department in the vicinity of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Derrick M, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Well, this is obviously a very brutal review and I wonder if this is completely legit as I can’t find anything under this name, nor do we have any idea who it could’ve been based on our logs. I would appreciate if you reached out to us so I could give you a full refund.

The dumpsters you mentioned were here to remove old stuff from the property in preparation for renovation. We’ve made a lot of progress on that front. The trailer you mentioned belongs to a guest.

The bottom line though is we’re very competitive to the quality you’d find in other budget hotels in the area.

Definitely the rooms are dated and if that’s important I wouldn’t steer a guest here.

But if you’re looking for a cheap room that’s clean and with good service, we’re a good location

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The staff is friendly, the rooms were clean. The bad is that there is no elevator so it is difficult to carry all the bags in and up the stairs. The ice machine is really far away from the guest rooms down a bit o a maze.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Derrick M, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thanks for your honest review.

It is good for guests to know we don’t have an elevator. However, it’s never a problem to let us know ahead of time you need first floor and we can block you for it.

We hope to see you again