All reviewsitalian grillroom was cleanoutdoor poolmicrowave and coffee makeryogurtpark flynice breakfastan older hotelmake your own waffleseasy accessairport shuttleexcellent stayan overnight staynight's sleepconvenient locationtargetruby
Reviewed 21 July 2018

DO NOT stay in Building 3! We had reserved a handicap room, but upon arrival told that there were only 2 handicap rooms in the main building, so we would have to stay in building 3. The desk clerk was uncertain which rooms in building 3 were handicap rated so sent someone to check, and assigned us Room 308. Building 3 is NOT ADA accessible -- two very heavy (and filthy) glass doors made it impossible for my handicap husband to enter the motel. When we opened the door, the dank and musty smell was overwhelming, not to mention the filthy stained carpet that hadn't been vacuumed in days. Getting all of our handicap stuff into our room was difficult without automatic doors and a luggage cart. The bathroom was spacious, partly because the vanity was tiny -- absolutely no place to put toiletries or even a toothbrush. The next morning we head for breakfast and its pouring buckets full of rain. I called the front desk to see if we could borrow an umbrella, since It would take my husband quite a bit of time with his walker to negotiate the distance over the uneven and patched macadam drive way to the main building, and the desk clerk rudely said there was no way to help us. I grabbed a plastic bag for my head, and my husband waited for it to let up and then came to breakfast -- but wait, where is breakfast. After wo forays down the halls looking for the breakfast room, we finally asked the desk clerk and were informed us we had to take the elevator to the second floor. (They couldn't post this info somewhere?) All of that to get to a lousy breakfast -- eggs so dried out they were like chewing paper. We left for the day and came back to room that hadn't been serviced -- no clean towels, etc. On day 2, when I went to breakfast, I checked out of our 2 day reservation and activated our single 3rd day reservation. This took a lot of explaining t the front desk, but the man finally understood that I had made 2 separate reservations as our plans had changed and ran my card for the 3rd night. However, as we were getting ready for bed that night, management came and pounded on our door and wanted to know when we were going to check out. I got dressed, opened the door and explained to him about the second reservation that I thought I had completed, but he said the morning desk clerk hadn't done the paperwork. GRRR! (Obviously the front desk staff is poorly trained -- our room keys were initially activated for just one day, not two, they don't know the status of rooms, etc.) My husband complained the whole time that the mattress was worn out. He figured it was bought secondhand from another hotel, it was in such poor shape. The air conditioner didn't work right -- sometimes it ran, and other times you couldn't get it to come on. Room 309 just across the hall was the storage room for the cleaning staff and the door was usually open. It looked like a tornado had struck the room -- boxes of coffee supplies dumped out on the floor -- what a mess. I took a picture of it to show management because they never would believe it otherwise.it was soooo bad. There was a thin strip of paper on the rug in front of our door when we checked in, and it was still there when we left 3 days later. Needless to say, we will NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't accept Bujilding 3
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I'm going to start off by saying the staff during check-in was excellent. The date was July 14th 2018 around 7:00pm I believe. The hotel is so outdated there are stains on the walls carpets are disgusting dust everywhere. I'm little surprised to see Choice Hotels not keeping an eye on this place after watching the episode of undercover boss. I would not let this hotel carry my name. The location I must say is great there is everything around you that you would need it just surprises me that they do not put money into this place and bring it back into time. So I would definitely suggest a different location if you're into cleanliness.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Run down. Broken furniture. Carpets worn with age. Outside doors don’t lock. Sketchy people wandering hallways. Bathrooms circa 1960. Don’t walk, Run! There are many better options in Albany area...............................................................

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The hall smelled like cat pee and the room smelled musty. There was mold and hair in the shower, and hair on the mattress cover which clearly hadn’t been washed in ages. The leg on the end table was broken. The microwave didn’t work. This is the last time I am staying in a Quality Inn. They are too variable. The should call it the Low Quality Inn.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

The quality inn is a $50 a night hotel, so one must be realistic about their review. Expect an older hotel in need of refurbishment.

Pros:
The rooms are HUGE!!!
Rooms have mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
Rooms have a nice sitting area with couch, coffee table, desk and dining table.
Location is safe and convenient (next to a small shopping area with restaurant on property and easy walking distance to Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Ruby Tuesday, Subway, Sonic, Denny’s, Chipotle, Latham Center with target, tjmaxx, michaels, etc. Also within walking distance to a larger shopping center with many restaurants.
Good location with easy access to Troy and Albany.
Breakfast is included and, while it isn’t all that much, it had hot food like eggs, sausage patties and make your own waffles.
Snacks offered in the afternoon (soup, cookies, tea and coffee)
Room was clean
Ironing board and iron provided in the room with ironing area.
Free WiFi
Very good heating and air conditioning in room.
Priced at $54 a night it’s a good value.
Everything in the room worked.
Lots of free parking
The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
Beds were comfortable.
All rooms accessed inside of hotel through lobby.
Even though hotel backs up to highway, there was no noise.
Outdoor pool in summer.
Lots of electrical outlets.
Hotel has an airport shuttle.

Cons:
Old, worn and needs refurbishment.
Dim lighting
No stopper in bathtub
Cheap bath tissue, facial tissue and toiletries.
Cheap, old furnishings.
WiFi is spotty.

For an inexpensive price, the quality inn has a lot to offer. Your expectations should be reasonable. Don’t expect a luxury hotel for a budget price. The best thing about the hotel (to me) is the size of the rooms! It’s the size of at least two rooms at the best western.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family