“Good for the area”

Ranked #29 of 156 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Been here twice.

NOTE: They no longer have a liquor license, so consider bringing your own beer.

First time we tried the Dol Sot Bibim Bap and the Soon Tofu Chigae. Both very good. My initial request was for Jok Bal: Ham Hocks but they were out.

Second time I had the Kimchi Pah Jeon and the Koon Mahn Doo. Jeon was very good. Mahn Doo were average and made with what appears to be commercially bought wrapper, a bit of a disappointment.

Staff is very friendly.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I had lunch here and all 4 of us ate the bibimbap in a hot stone pot. Nothing less than fantastic. I’ve never had any authentic Korean dishes before and this being my first time got me hooked. Can’t wait to try the rest of the menu!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wow, has it really been almost 4 years since we were last at Seoul Korean? Shame on us. Trying to decide where to go to eat and satisfy a craving for spicy and different flavors brought us back. We left totally satisfied.

Starting with the only Asian beer available, two large (22 oz.) cans of Sapporo ($7.95 ea.), they were fresh and just right for the food we were about to order. Our banchan was promptly brought to the table by our server who was quite noticeably welcoming and cheerful with each visit to our table. There were five banchan dishes consisting of mushrooms, fish cakes, coleslaw, pickled radish, and kimchi.

We ordered the Dduk Bokki ($11.95) as an appetizer – Korean rice cakes and fish cakes in a thick red spicy sauce. These fish cakes were a little larger than the ones served in the banchan, and the rice cakes were semi-soft & chewy as expected. The sauce was not overly spicy so all the flavors of the dish came through.

Our main dishes arrived before we had made a dent in our appetizer. My wife ordered the Dol Sot Bibim Bap ($13.95), a favorite of hers at Korean restaurants. True to form, the dish came to the table in a very hot and sizzling stone bowl. As we continued to dine on our shared appetizer, we listened to the rice sizzling in her Bibim Bap and expected that it was crisping nicely. However, after the sizzling stopped and she mixed all the vegetables, rice, beef and egg together, there was no crispness to any of the rice. She did unexpectedly notice a fair amount of sesame oil in the bottom of the bowl and thought that possibly an excessive amount of oil prevented the rice from crisping. Bottom line however, the Bibim Bap was delicious and satisfied her craving.

My Oh Saam Bul Go Gi ($16.95) provided me the opportunity to have both of the items I saw in other dishes on the menu, and was interested in – stir-fried squid and pork. This combination came with mixed shredded vegetables in a spicy sauce and a bowl of white rice on the side. There was not a lot of pork or squid, and the squid was a bit overcooked, but the flavors that came through were excellent. After initially mixing some of the dish with some of the rice in a side dish, I switched to dumping the remaining rice right into the spicy sauce on the serving tray and switching from chopsticks to the provided spoon. It was a really nice treat.

Once again we were served complementary little bottles of a sweet dairy product along with our bill. I hope we don’t wait as long for our next visit. Maybe then I’ll remember to try the Koon Mahn Doo that I said almost 4 years ago that I’d order on our next visit.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

3people had lunch there. I could not name our dishes but we each had something different and we were all very satisfied with the tasty and plentiful food.
The restaurant is in a strip mall and the décor is true to it's origins and tasteful.
The server was very helpful and pleasant.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We love Korean food and finding a good place is harder than you'd expect. The food here is very good but not the best we've had elsewhere. The portions are large and they do have more selections of traditional food with seafood. The pon chon was a nice mix of kimchi, eggplant, and radish with a side of coleslaw thrown in. That was a first. Reasonable prices and friendly service.

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Seoul Korean Restaurant? Share your experiences!