“Food great; service poor”

Mercato's III Ristorante
Ranked #18 of 156 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you have the time, read through all of the reviews of 3 stars and less. You'll notice one consistent theme, great food and poor service. I have been to this restaurant at least 10 times. Every time I come here, I leave with the same question to myself -was it worth it? Only once did I not enjoy my meal. Only once did I leave thinking the service was finally going to be better from now on. My experience in restaurants I've been to with this kind of problem is that it starts at the top. If the management doesn't set the example and maintain a positive and friendly attitude, you're never going to see it from the staff. They operate this place like they don't care if you come back or not. They definitely don't make you feel welcomed. If you get there within a half hour or so of the time they are scheduled to close, they tell you the kitchen is closed already. So why list on Trip Advisor or anywhere else that you're open to 10pm when the kitchen is closed by 9:30? Skip the frustration. There are quite a few Italian restaurants within 15 minutes of this place that have equal quality food and much better service and attitides.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Frank M

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Lisa and I went here because her mom has been here previously and said it was wonderful.
Lisa had a Pepsi and a large grilled chicken salad. I had two glasses of Cabernet wine, and a veal sorrento with linguine which was great.
We both ate the fresh bread with real butter. My meal also came with a fresh tossed salad with house dressing. Again excellent.
I opted to try some tiramisu and fresh hot coffee. It also was very good.
The total bill for two was $85 with the tip.
There is off street parking in this strip mall. And it was a very well presented presentation with our waitress.
Did not feel rushed and the place was clean and well lit.

I would recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Food was good, nice salad and crusty bread- unfortunately the waitress was extremely rude which affected the experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The BEST in Food, Staff, Cleanliness, and Prices. A breath of fresh air in the Capital District area. Will definitely recommend and make this my priority Italian restaurant now. February 2018.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband and I found this restaurant upon moving to the area and have been several times since. Never disappointed. We have their pizza delivered too - excellent sauce! Always friendly and responsive staff.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Mercato's III Ristorante? Share your experiences!