Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
USD 96*
USD 93*
Agoda.com
USD 87*
All reviewshardwood floorsblue stonewalk in showerfifth floorrestaurant attachedclose to the airportwolf roadnice hotelc unitwould stay here againstayed one nightbusiness travelercomfortable bedssitting areafront desk staffan early flightholiday inn
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had been looking forward to staying at a Hotel Indigo since the one near us in Boston opened. So when we decided to stop in Albany for the night I was delighted to learn there was a Hotel Indigo in Albany with a reasonable rate. Now I can only hope Albany does not represent the chain in general.

Upon entering the room you'll notice the major difference from most hotel rooms, a wood looking floor instead of carpet. A nice touch, which I would think would make the room easier to clean. Perhaps because there isn't a carpet to catch it, but everything had a thin layer of dust on it.

When we inspected the bathroom my wife found what was either dried snot or blood on the wall, and the grout in the shower did not look clean. Also, perhaps because it was a ADA accessible room, it did not appear to be a "spa" shower. I was ready to call the front desk and request a room change, but my wife was tired and wanted to settle in for the night.

Good luck settling in. The walls are so thin that the people speaking in conversational tones in the next room sounded like they were in ours. Some soundproofing would be a major improvement.

There are some pluses to this hotel - the attached restaurant and some of the staff. The attached restaurant will deliver food to your room. The food is decent and the prices aren't outrageous. The gentleman working the breakfast counter in the morning was very nice and was looking for ways to go out of his way to make guest happy.

In summary:

- The style is not for everyone, I liked it but my wife compared it to a dorm room.
- The restaurant is a plus.
- The man working the breakfast bar is great.
- Our room was not well cleaned.
- If you go, try to get a room where there there is no in the rooms on either side of you.
- If we stay in Albany again, it is highly unlikely to be here.

Room Tip: The highway is on the front side of the building and the airport in on the backside, but there was not major noise from either.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear wljcr,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for the compliments on the restaurant and breakfast attendant. It is a brand standard for Hotel Indigo to have hardwood floors. If you decide to stay with us again and find something wrong with your room. Please
let us know. We will be happy to move you to a more acceptable room.

Thanks again,

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Room is spacious, updated, very clean and well-decorated. Food in the attached BLu restaurant-bar was also great, as was the bartender. Fitness room equipment was out-dated, but other than that, Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MTGS
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a single night while I was in Albany on business. This was my first time at this hotel brand, so I didn't totally know what to expect. I usually only stay at Crowne Plaza hotels. The hotel was very nice and everything was very clean. The front desk staff was eager to help and answer any questions I had. They were very attentive and always had a smile. The only issue I had is that the desks in the rooms are too tall for the desk chairs. This makes it very uncomfortable to get work done in your room and not very ergonomic. They really need to do something about this. Although, this was the only issue and it was a nice hotel, I may not stay there again until this issue is resolved.

Room Tip: The desk chairs are not tall enough for the desks.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

On a recent trip to Albany, NY to attend a legislators conference I experienced one of the most pleasant and relaxing hotel stays I have ever had. The Hotel Indigo is a pleasant boutique style establishment that places a high priority on producing a calm and soothing environment for their guests. Everything from the prevalence of the color blue which is known for it's soothing psychological effect on the human mind to the photographic wall murals and artwork of fruit and other flora in the rooms and hallways is geared to create a pleasurable and relaxing condition. There is also the use of spiral icons from nature (Nautilus shell, pine cone, pineapple, sunflower and palm), which are all representations of the golden mean (Φ) a basic representation of the life and growth.
Added to this are the services and other amenities provided by the hotel. Take the Blu Stone Bistro which proffers an extensive menu from a kitchen that uses local sustainable farmed produce. I enjoyed a prixe fixe 4 course meal that was excellent and very affordable at $50. The very tasty grilled sea bass with a glazeonly slightly sweet was paired with a pleasant chardonnay. This was preceded by a salad accompanied by a fine Pouilly Fuisse. In between these courses there was a chilled lemon sorbet to cleanse the palate. The meal ended with mango cheesecake complemented by a Proseco. All in all a well prepared, healthy and satisfying meal.
The next day I was able to work some of the cheesecake off at the gym which boasted several machines and the luxury of an almost solitary session. The sauna at the end completed the effect of the exercise which left me rejuvenated and ready to continue on with the rest of my day.
I will definitely return here when my duties bring me back to Albany. The Indigo situated in Latham is only 15 mins by back road to downtown Albany and the center of political activity for New York State. A good choice when you want to get a little respite from fray.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here for a few days and completely loved it - except for the BLINDS, which did *nothing* to keep out the light from the parking lot. When I asked about it, I was told it was company policy to not have drapes. This is fine, of course, but the blinds should keep out the light. My room was lit up by the outside lighting, even in the middle of the night because the blinds did nothing to keep out the light. Have I said that already? With so many studies noting how dark rooms are essential for good sleep, I'm surprised these blinds are used at all. Black-out blinds are easy to find and would still reflect company policy.

What I did LOVE were the Aveda products. Nice nice nice!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a parking lot light shining into it! Perhaps there's one on the back side or one on an upper floor. My room, facing the parking lot, on the 1st floor, was just too bright.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear NicolleZ,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.