“Bottom line- poor night's sleep....”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Latham
connecticut
“Bottom line- poor night's sleep....”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Room faced the busy highway, exterior windows have no sound-proofing, hallway doors slam VERY loud and there some drunken lobbyists having a room party down the hall. Way too much going on to get any sleep..

Check in was smooth- breakfast wait for a coffee and muffin was 20 mins.
Room walls and doors in the room has significant nicks and dents, room PTAC unit overheats above setpoint, hotel lobby smelled like a Crabtree and Evelyn store.
Overall not the best experience

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DanielHotelGroup, Owner at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Sir:

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner in regards to your stay at Hotel Indigo in Albany. First let me extend to my deepest apologizes for your poor night stay. We here at Hotel Indigo pride our selves on giving the guest a " great experience" . We obviously did not provide that to you. Please give us another chance when visiting Albany next time, I promise you that " GREAT EXPERIENCE"

Regards:

Daniel Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had been looking forward to staying at a Hotel Indigo since the one near us in Boston opened. So when we decided to stop in Albany for the night I was delighted to learn there was a Hotel Indigo in Albany with a reasonable rate. Now I can only hope Albany does not represent the chain in general.

Upon entering the room you'll notice the major difference from most hotel rooms, a wood looking floor instead of carpet. A nice touch, which I would think would make the room easier to clean. Perhaps because there isn't a carpet to catch it, but everything had a thin layer of dust on it.

When we inspected the bathroom my wife found what was either dried snot or blood on the wall, and the grout in the shower did not look clean. Also, perhaps because it was a ADA accessible room, it did not appear to be a "spa" shower. I was ready to call the front desk and request a room change, but my wife was tired and wanted to settle in for the night.

Good luck settling in. The walls are so thin that the people speaking in conversational tones in the next room sounded like they were in ours. Some soundproofing would be a major improvement.

There are some pluses to this hotel - the attached restaurant and some of the staff. The attached restaurant will deliver food to your room. The food is decent and the prices aren't outrageous. The gentleman working the breakfast counter in the morning was very nice and was looking for ways to go out of his way to make guest happy.

In summary:

- The style is not for everyone, I liked it but my wife compared it to a dorm room.
- The restaurant is a plus.
- The man working the breakfast bar is great.
- Our room was not well cleaned.
- If you go, try to get a room where there there is no in the rooms on either side of you.
- If we stay in Albany again, it is highly unlikely to be here.

Room Tip: The highway is on the front side of the building and the airport in on the backside, but there was n...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear wljcr,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for the compliments on the restaurant and breakfast attendant. It is a brand standard for Hotel Indigo to have hardwood floors. If you decide to stay with us again and find something wrong with your room. Please
let us know. We will be happy to move you to a more acceptable room.

Thanks again,

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ridgefield, CT
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Room is spacious, updated, very clean and well-decorated. Food in the attached BLu restaurant-bar was also great, as was the bartender. Fitness room equipment was out-dated, but other than that, Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MTGS
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a single night while I was in Albany on business. This was my first time at this hotel brand, so I didn't totally know what to expect. I usually only stay at Crowne Plaza hotels. The hotel was very nice and everything was very clean. The front desk staff was eager to help and answer any questions I had. They were very attentive and always had a smile. The only issue I had is that the desks in the rooms are too tall for the desk chairs. This makes it very uncomfortable to get work done in your room and not very ergonomic. They really need to do something about this. Although, this was the only issue and it was a nice hotel, I may not stay there again until this issue is resolved.

Room Tip: The desk chairs are not tall enough for the desks.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2012

On a recent trip to Albany, NY to attend a legislators conference I experienced one of the most pleasant and relaxing hotel stays I have ever had. The Hotel Indigo is a pleasant boutique style establishment that places a high priority on producing a calm and soothing environment for their guests. Everything from the prevalence of the color blue which is known for it's soothing psychological effect on the human mind to the photographic wall murals and artwork of fruit and other flora in the rooms and hallways is geared to create a pleasurable and relaxing condition. There is also the use of spiral icons from nature (Nautilus shell, pine cone, pineapple, sunflower and palm), which are all representations of the golden mean (Φ) a basic representation of the life and growth.
Added to this are the services and other amenities provided by the hotel. Take the Blu Stone Bistro which proffers an extensive menu from a kitchen that uses local sustainable farmed produce. I enjoyed a prixe fixe 4 course meal that was excellent and very affordable at $50. The very tasty grilled sea bass with a glazeonly slightly sweet was paired with a pleasant chardonnay. This was preceded by a salad accompanied by a fine Pouilly Fuisse. In between these courses there was a chilled lemon sorbet to cleanse the palate. The meal ended with mango cheesecake complemented by a Proseco. All in all a well prepared, healthy and satisfying meal.
The next day I was able to work some of the cheesecake off at the gym which boasted several machines and the luxury of an almost solitary session. The sauna at the end completed the effect of the exercise which left me rejuvenated and ready to continue on with the rest of my day.
I will definitely return here when my duties bring me back to Albany. The Indigo situated in Latham is only 15 mins by back road to downtown Albany and the center of political activity for New York State. A good choice when you want to get a little respite from fray.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
0.2 km away
The Desmond Hotel Albany
2.2 km away
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
0.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
2.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
4.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!