All reviews donuts silver room huge tv vaulted ceilings ski jump in town reasonable rates high peaks spacious room specialty room sized bed restaurants and shops nice pool continental breakfast shower head the main street we've stayed
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I have stayed here a few times before and it is always my first choice when I am going to Lake Placid. . I stayed for 3 nights over Thanksgiving.
It is a very nice motel, well kept, very clean, large spacious rooms. Good location - walking distance to Herb Brooks Arena and main area of Lake Placid.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Just returned from another great stay at Arts. You can't go wrong with this place. Reasonably priced, clean, and spacious rooms. Not the Hampton, but neither is the price. This has always been our go to place when traveling to Lake Placid. It's a short walk into the village, but very manageable.
Definitly keep Art Devlins in mind, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Generally clean, quiet and comfortable. They do not take reservations on line, you have to call. I was quoted a price and booked for three nights. A few days later I get a call from the clerk telling me I was quoted the wrong price and I would have to pay more. I argued that their employees mistake should not come out of my pocket and that they should honor rhe price I was quoted. The caller said he would check with the owner. He called back and they did honor the price I was quoted but I was not happy about the fact that they tried to change the price rhat was agreed to.

The room was large and clean, no issues.
Breakfast is just some muffins and some plain donuts with coffee. There is a couch in the lobby but do not expect a breakfast or sitting area as you may be accustomed to with chain hotels.
The other complaint I had was lack of safety for people in an icy parkinglot. We got snow the first night there. Ice formed in the lot. They did not clean out the snow, nor was there any attempt to clean out or melt the ice. There was a 15 foot wide band of ice in the parking lot across the face of the building. No way to avoid walking on it to go to the car or the office. That type of thing is a bad slip and fall waiting to happen, especially for older people. They put a little salt down at the steps to the lobby but that was it. A small investment in some salt could save a serious injury.
Overall not a bad place if you prefer a less modern property and experience, but the having them.call and change the price on me and the lack of care to an obviously hazardous icy parkinglot made me less inclined to come back of other places are available.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The Art Devlin Olympic Inn was great...like a step back in time. The rooms were VERY clean and HUGE and the view from our balcony was wonderful. We could see the Ski Jump at the Olympic Training Center, as well as the beautiful Fall colors in the mountains. Our group of 8 (4 couples) from LA stopped in Lake Placid for only one night as we toured beautiful upstate New York enjoying the beautiful Fall Foliage. The Inn was not walking distance to the downtown area, but the drive was very short. The price was very reasonable and the staff was very accommodating. I would highly recommend this property.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Lake Placid, NY, is one of my favorite vacation spots. My husband and I visited this past July and stayed at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn. This turned out to be one of our best visits ever! The Motor Inn is structured just like a traditional one, double-decker, rooms opening outside, etc. We liked the looks of it and the great location, very walkable to downtown, so decided to stay there. Great choice! Huge room...spotless...comfortable...very well-appointed...great customer service. In short, a fantastic place for a very reasonable cost! We will certainly stay there next time and recommend it highly to anyone interested in Lake Placid.

Room Tip: Second floor "Gold" rooms with a mountain view are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family