Lake House
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 216
USD 200
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 226/night.

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 301
USD 254
Hampton.com
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 286
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 244
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 321
USD 278
Orbitz.com
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 505
  • Pool
USD 199
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 182
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 655
Lake Placid Lodge(Lake Placid)
USD 1,365
Relais & Châteaux
All reviewshigh peaks resortcool hotelplay board gamesthe bar lounge areapaddle boatsin townbefore check in timestores and restaurantsmain streetlocation is greatenjoyed the indoor poolalarm clockrustic feellodge feelhouse keepingadjoining roomsprivate balcony
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We spent four days at this hotel during October. It was an ideal location for accessing shopping and dining in Lake Placid and for driving to hikes and sites in the area. We usually spent late afternoons on the balcony soaking up the beauty of Mirror Lake and the mountains beyond. Little traffic or other noise distracted from this relaxation.

The room was a little bigger than at most hotels and simply but comfortable appointed in an outdoorsy fashion.

We spent evenings in the large common area which also overlooked the lake. There were few guests so we got plenty of attention from the staff. Unfortunately, the low census also meant that the bar was closed but we were welcome to BYOB.

Room Tip: The view toward Mirror Lake is outstanding. Get one of those rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear 1122Barry,

Thank you for sharing your experience and kind words. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your visit, it sounds like you enjoyed the perfect vacation - exciting days, relaxing mornings and nights.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again!

Warm Regards,
Matthew

Reviewed 27 October 2017

My wife and I stayed in a king room for a few nights during our honeymoon. We loved the retro lodge vibe of the common areas that included a small bar, pool, foosball, and reading nooks with a fireplace. Common area also had a great view of mirror lake. This is on the quiet side of main street in Lake Placid, so very close to shops/bars/restaurants, but still very quiet at night. Rooms were nice and clean. The beds are extremely soft, great for my wife, terrible for my back, however not taking "points" off due to excellent customer service when we inquired about switching rooms, hoping for a better bed for my back. The gentlemen at the desk were extremely helpful and friendly, they also had maps of hiking in the area which was very helpful. We loved it here, we will likely even stay again despite the bed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HighPeaksResort, Innkeeper at Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hey Meagan,

Thanks for your review, and thanks for spending your honeymoon here with us at Lake House! I’m happy to hear our impression was ultimately a good one. I think you hit the nail on the head about our location: everything’s a stone’s throw from us, but not so close that you can hear it all through the night. I love that too.

Best wishes and a bright future to both of you from both of us desk gentlemen and the rest of the team too,

Innkeeper

Reviewed 22 October 2017

The Lake House at the High Peaks Resort offers an excellent location for access to shops and restaurants lining Mirror Lake. Our room was spacious, with chairs on a small balcony overlooking the lake, though we didn't use them. Lake House seemed to be showing its age a bit, but everything worked, including the wi-fi. It's rather expensive considering that mid-October is too late to be summer season and too early for the winter, and no breakfast is included. There is ample free parking. Nothing against it, but hard to get too excited.

Dear Merlin0921,

thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are always looking to enhance the guest experience at Lake House and feedback from our guests is vital to our goal.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back for a second opinion. When the snow starts to fall, Lake Placid becomes a winter wonderland

Warm Regards,
Matthew

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed in a king room. The room was large with a rustic "Adirondack" theme, had a balcony with a lake view, and was very nice. The front desk attendant, Adam, was friendly and exceptionally helpful. The hotel is in a quiet spot, but is almost adjacent to "downtown" Lake Placid. My wife and I had a pleasant stay and will return in the future.

Hi dlshadrick,

I’m glad you two got to sneak away to Lake Placid for a bit; thanks for coming to visit us, and thanks for the kind words. Pleasant stays are what we’re all about!

Best wishes until we can welcome you back,

Innkeeper,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

the perfect location and the perfect village, we loved this place ski-lodge resort style venue however as much as we were welcomed and the room was comfy and clean I personally just did not feel safe. This was more due to the room being ground floor with external door access to a seating area which was not enclosed or protected in anyway, we were directly opposite an entrance/exit pathway to the main street without any gates, just a hendgerow. Although our door had inner locks I still did not like the fact anyone could just walk up to either your external door or worse even your window and see everything (this inn was not on secure grounds) although I am not saying by any means that this is not a safe location, it did not give me the impression that it was unsafe, I just felt insecure. Our room obviously had curtains for privacy but these were somewhat shorter than the glass itself and this left a good 1-2 inches which if your lights were on, anyone could see in. The rooms did not have safety deposit boxes, the manager offered to keep our valuables in the office but this again was only manned until around 9/10pm so not excited about that option. The only alternative option was to drop off our valuables with the sister hotel across the road and then recollect in the morning, again this was not safe deposit boxed, but just in the office which thankfully was 24/7 manned. The Lake House does not house security/reception on site 24/7 again this is covered by hotel across the road, which again made me feel uneasy. This is a shame as I did love the warm welcome, the location and the room was fine, but sadly this lack of safety made me uncomfortable and distracted me from being totally relaxed and thus not a great nights sleep. We requested a change to upper level but sadly none were available. These were my personal concerns, if you are not as concerned, or are not international travelers carrying everything eg. passports, paperwork, electronics, money that needed secure box then this location would probably be perfect.
The service was great and thank you for the complimentary breakfast given in way of apology for the inconvenience this caused us. It was lovely, served in the main hotel across the street.
I do have more pictures which I am having issues loading, so will load as soon as able to

Room Tip: Request upper floor - if you have concerns re. privacy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJUk2011

Dear JJUk2011,

I certainly do appreciate your candor—these are the kind of concerns we take seriously. Anything that can hamper your comfort and prevent your relaxation is a priority of ours to address, and in that regard, safety tops the list. It’s true that the patios attached to lower-level rooms do only have walls on three sides. They do, as you also mentioned, have two locks on the patio doors, but there also isn’t a railing of any sort, which is done intentionally to prevent an obstructed view of the lake while sitting, and to allow access to the Lake House lawn and our Waterfront building across the street. You’re also correct that there isn’t a gate preventing access to the Lake House lawn, however. That’s something that we will certainly take into consideration.

For additional peace of mind when travelling with valuables, there are safety deposit boxes behind the front desk of the High Peaks Resort itself as well, which is staffed 24/7. I apologize if this wasn’t made clear.

We truly love to welcome international guests, having frequently been international travelers ourselves, and we do hope to address these things so that your future stays are perfectly comfortable!

Again, it was a pleasure to host you, and we do hope you’ll reach out to us if you plan to tour abroad again. A stay in the High Peaks Resort itself might be a great compromise!

Safe travels,