All reviewscoffee maker and toasterbath towelscomfortable bedpansmtthermostatshampoomarcyhikeamenities
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I just got back from a four day, three night stay at the Van Hoevenberg Lodge & Cabins. Our cabin was Colden. It was clean and came fully stocked with shampoos and clean towels. There were also plenty of cookware and utensil for cooking.

The stay was great and we met some great people around the community firepit. Wayne was a great host and we cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I booked a couples cabin for a long weekend away for my fiance's birthday. We stayed in Colden for three nights and had a wonderful time! From the moment we pulled in, I knew I picked the right place. We were greeted by Johanna and she gave us a tour of the grounds (firepit, grill, picnic tables, picturesque views, and even a teepee!) and led us to the cabin. The cabin was so cute and charming on the outside and inside. It reminded me of a tiny house!

The cabin was complete with everything we'd need: bed linens, towels, dishes, cups, silverware, cookware, coffee maker, and fridge. There was a boil water advisory, so we couldn't drink the tap water. However, Johanna provided us with plenty of bottled water. The cabin was very clean and met all of our needs!

The location is perfect, it's only a ten minute drive into Lake Placid Village and it's a stone's throw away from many trailheads (including Cascade).

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the cabin and will return!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanstella10
Reviewed 18 October 2016

8 of my girlfriends have been hiking in this region for 20 years and we always stay here whenever possible. Our last visit was this past weekend - October 14-16, 2016. I am so happy we stumbled upon this place; it is our home away from home in the mountains, and the proprietor Wayne Failing treats us like family. The house and the cabins are rustic, well appointed and cozy. The roaring campfires in the evenings bring the guests together to share stories of their days' adventures. Wayne is something of as celebrity in town and is great story teller, and you can't beat the price. I suspect we will be returning for the next 20 years!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2016

We really enjoyed our weekend stay in one of the cabins. It was snowing outside and we were warm and comfortable in the little cabin. Comfortable bed and linens, everything thought of for the kitchen, great shower. We had a great time in Lake Placid and would do the cabins again!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adele B
Reviewed 4 January 2016

We spent a lovely 2 nights at the cabins in December 2015 The cabins are just as described in the previous reviews... small but very cozy and quaint! The area is beautiful and we really enjoyed our little cabin! We didn't make use of the kitchen except for tea and coffee but there were a bunch of pots and pans and looked sufficient to make a simple meal. The cabins are nicely positioned about 15 mins from Lake Placid where we spent most of our time. Wayne, the owner, was very friendly and helpful from our telephone booking to our arrival. It was a bit too cold for a hike but we hope to come back in the warmer months to enjoy the beautiful area. The cabin had indoor heating which worked perfectly with no issues!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple