“Awesome Service”

Best Western of Lake George
Ranked #17 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 11 October 2011

On behalf of Wendy Kingsbury & myself I would like to send a huge thank you to all the staff on duty over the weekend of Oct 9-10, 2011. We were greeted with a warm welcome. Both Debbie & Chris were awesome. Our van had a flat tire a distance away from the hotel & when we finally returned & inquired about taxi service they didn't hesitate to offer a car service so we could go for dinner. The shower had a small issue & again when we returned the whole shower head had been changed for a new one. I would highly recommend the Best Western in Lake George to anyone going there and will definately return. Sincerely Donna Munday

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at a number of Best Western hotels this vacation and this was by far the worst hotel ever. There is mold in the shower in the tile grout and the walls are paper thin. At 11:00 PM called the front desk due to sounded like sumu wrestlers above us and the room next to us had a family with small kids that were like wild banshees in their room and running up and down the hallway screaming. At midnight this was still going and went to the front desk to complain and all I was told they didn't hear anything when they walked by their room. At 1:00 a.m. the rucus finally stopped. After breakfast we cancelled our second night stay (without charge) and found another hotel. Highly recommend any other hotel other than this one for your travel.

Room Tip: I wish I could pick a less than 1 for sleep quality.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deniece P
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This hotel was a perfect choice! My boyfriend & I usually choice Best Westerns because they are not expensive but still always decent hotels. This is one of the best we have stayed in! To begin with, the desk staff was excellent! In particular, Debra was especially helpful. She helped to make sure I would get my rewards points, she upgraded our room, and even called ahead to our next hotel to request that they upgrade us too! She also made great recommendations on places to go, restaurants and even places to order delivery on the night we stayed in.

As far as the hotel itself, it was in a great location right off the highway and right outside of town. It was clean and housekeeping was great every day. It seems like it must have been updated recently because room amenities & furniture were very modern, including a nice flat screen tv. No problems with anything, all electronics/lighting was in perfect, working order. WiFi worked without a hitch, nice & fast in the room. The kingsized bed was especially comfortable.I even loved the picture of ducks above the bed! Pool and hot tub were really nice after a long day. The breakfast was also adequate to start the day with a nice fireplace in the breakfast room.

In short, I have NO bed things to say. I would highly recommend this hotel--luxury at a value price!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jrp1978
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We were stuck trying to find last-minute lodging during Saratoga Springs, NY, high (summer and racing) season. What we found was this Best Western, over 30 minutes away from where we needed to be, but an easy "commute." We paid about $189 per night, for two nights. Normally, this lodging could be reserved for $100-$115. In a situation like this, beggars can't be choosers, and the price wasn't as inflated as some of the other chains.

It was a decent stay, pretty much like most Best Westerns (layout, amenities and free breakfast), so we had no complaints. The room was clean, and the staff friendly, although we had very little interaction with them. I would recommend this BW, at the normal rates.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel itself was very nice and clean. Nice breakfast in the morning. The only downfall I had was the location. It was located right next to the Rt. 87 exit. I like to walk but there was really nothing around to see. Next time I would rather be closer to the lake. Normally we go to the central adirondacks and camp which is very peaceful and quite. Lake Goerge is a little more commercialized than we prefer. If you like to shop, the outled malls are great.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends