All reviews boathouse restaurant full kitchen washer dryer time share bedroom lodge stainless steel appliances off season living room oak tree lodge timeshare resort steam shower bit inconvenient two bedrooms and two baths view of the lake large porch an indoor outdoor pool well equipped kitchen
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I visited here one weekend before Memorial Day weekend. If you are like me and looking for a place to stay and are used to name brand hotel, this place was decent. The rooms were upgraded.

However it was a little awkward sharing a balcony with another family. There should be a privacy screen provided.

The pool is heated and offers great views of the lake. The beach is tiny but has lots of chairs. If it’s raining, this place could be a drag. Little entertainment besides the pool and beach. I believe water activities are provided during in season. Hence the title As to why I would not come here in the off-season.

Lastly, the beds were okay but only provided two pillows. After finding ONE extra pillow in the closet, I found BLOOD stains all over it. This makes me question the competency of the cleaning staff as well as how clean the rest of the room was. Unfortunately the people at the front desk afforded NO compensation for the inconvenience. Additionally, because I arrived late I could not contact anyone because the office was closed. Maybe this is why people prefer hotel chains with the 24 hour service. Upon checking out no one asked me how my stay was. Hopefully management will get back to me and compensate the room for the issues we encountered.

With that said if you are looking to stay in lake George and are unsure because there is only one hotel chain, you can stay here and be assured you are staying somewhere nice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
TheLodgesOffice, Front Office Manager at The Lodges at Cresthaven, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you giving a full assessment of our resort. We're glad you got to take advantage of our pool, and also the beach. As for the pillow, our apologies! I hope that housekeeping was prompt in bringing you a fresh pillow to replace the one you found, after reporting it to the front desk. Being a small, family owned business we do operate a little differently than your average corporate hotel! All of these concerns will be addressed, and improved to maintain the standard we are accustomed to. If you would like to discuss further, please give our office a call.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We loved this resort and hope to return again in the future. Most attractions don't open until May so we missed out on a few things we would have like to do. But we managed to stay busy for the week. Beautiful cottage on the lake. Well maintained and well stocked. Loved it here!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
TheLodgesOffice, Front Office Manager at The Lodges at Cresthaven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Its great to know that you enjoyed the time you had here at The Lodges at Cresthaven! We agree it is a little quiet around here in the "off-season" , but are thrilled to know you managed to stay busy! Thank you for taking the time to give such a great review, see you soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Our log cabin style luxury 2-bedroom condo was delightful. The place was immaculately clean and comfortable. We had a fine view of Lake George from our dining room table as we enjoyed our meals. We slept wonderfully every night and enjoyed the roominess of the unit when we stayed in on a rainy day. We would love to return here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank ZeroTTZero

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property! Its great to hear you were able to take in the breathtaking vies our property has to offer during your stay here. Our housekeeping takes great pride in making sure every lodge is suited to our guests needs, so we will pass along your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again, and once more, thank you!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went to The Lodges off season. Had a cozy cottage near the lake with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer and a kitchen. Cozy covered porch. There were some wear issues, fireplace never worked even when a repair person came in and a crusty towel was behind a door in one of the bedrooms but over all the property is well maintained. Parking occurs in lots and not near cabin, that's a bit inconvenient. On site restaurant is quite good. small beach, chairs and chaises, seating throughout the property encourages social interaction between guests. If I were to return to Lake George I would consider going back.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank cberwind

Thank you so much for your kind words! We will take all you have listed into consideration, and be sure to improve upon them for your next visit! We hope to see you again soon ,and are very glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I've been staying at these Lodges since they first opened back around '98 and I was born in '92. This place highlights all my time in Lake George. You can't have a better mix of luxury resort amenities as well as rustic cabins right on the lake that really bring out the best of the Adirondacks.

Room Tip: Cabins closer to the lake allow for better beach access.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank raymondpwilliams92
TheLodgesOffice, Front Office Manager at The Lodges at Cresthaven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! We love to hear stories of traditions at The Lodges, and how much fun you have while being here! We hope to see you soon for your next trip.