“Breakfast was good”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Tamarack inn has been a staple in the village. We went there for breakfast which was very good. I recommend the Raisin Bread French toast. Food was fast and delicious. Family friendly and very rustic interior. I only added three stars for the reason our table had a lot of ants crawling on it. I’m certain this is not normal for a restaurant but it did dissuade us from staying longer. Hopefully it will be addressed but otherwise, great little rustic restaurant to visit

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We went in August (pretty hot outside) and it didn't seem to be air conditioned inside at all. There were not very many choices for breakfast, which made it easy to decide. However, it was all very expensive. It seemed like you had to add more to the price to order toast....it didn't come with the omlette. It turned out to be a very expensive start to the day.

1  Thank est762018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We visited the Tamarack Inn because my husband used to go there as a child. It has since changed hands and is now breakfast only. We waited about 15 minutes for a table on a Friday morning (no big deal). We were then seated at a sticky table with no placemats or silverware. It took about 10 minutes for the waitress to wave the hostess over our way to take our drink order. The waitress never even popped over to say she would be right with us or anything. We finally got our drinks (2 waters and a small oj) 15 minutes after being seated. Once we finally gave our order, my husband had to flag somebody down to ask for the placemats and silverware. Our food took what felt like forever to arrive. It was just pancakes and eggs...so that seemed to be ridiculous. It took an hour for us to get our food from when we sat down. My pancakes were the worst I have ever had. They were rubbery and I could not cut them with the butter knife. They also tasted like garlic, I assume from being cooked too close to the home fries. Either way, they were not edible in my opinion. I ended up forcing down a few bites and leaving. The prices were high, the selection was small, and the service was terrible. Do yourself a favor and try someplace else. We found another breakfast spot we loved not far away and ended up eating there the rest of our stay (2 days).

1  Thank lejr524
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The Taramack Inn is conveniently located next to our motel but we won’t be returning. The service was TERRIBLE! I made the mistake of asking for a minute to make my selection. The waitress put in the rest of the order and never came back to take mine. 20 minutes later, she finally came back with what my husband & daughter was ordered and that wasn’t right either. The food wasn’t very good and it certainly wasn’t cheap. Don’t waste your time or money, there are far better options in the area!!

1  Thank featherdiane
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We had been here once before but not for breakfast. The place was crowded and the service was rather slow.. The biggest negative was that the air conditioning wasn't working. The food and the selection was good and the pricing was reasonable. We would definitely go again, but first we'll check on the status of the a/c.

Date of visit: July 2018