“Perfect end to a long day- excellent Italian food”

Mama Riso's Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 172 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Excellent Italian restaurant. Bread came out with our beverages/
My manicotti was smooth; two 6" pieces. I loved it and could have eaten a third! My husband had Chicken Parmigian: a Large piece of boneless chicken breast over penne. He asked for extra penne instead of a soup or salad and they accommodated. He asked for homemade linguini but the waitress forgot. Our friends had minestrone soup which was excellent, spaghetti + meatballs with little pasta left behind when finished. Our plates were clean.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We came on a Sunday night based on reviews that my husband read and it was close to our hotel. I was pleased with the exterior and looked forward to a traditional Italian dinner.
We were seated after a few minutes and put in a corner table that was very close to another table. We waited 10 minutes for our waitress and only got our drinks ordered.
Our waitress seemed stressed out or something as we had to repeat our drink orders. I was the only one getting something from the bar( vodka & cranberry), everyone else had soda or water.
We sat for another 10 minutes and our waitress was nowhere to be found. We then saw her cleaning up another area, but still didn’t make any indication she was goin to bring our drinks or take our order. We waited another 5 minutes and then got up and left.
When leaving the hostess asked where we were going, our food would be out soon.
We stayed that we hadn’t even received our drinks, and she never even took a food order.
I hope if we return to lake George and we try again, it will be better service.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Our second visit was last fall, while our first was in August of 2017. The moment you walk in you know you’re in for a treat. Great aromas greet you along with friendly staff. I was struck with just how good their homemade pasta is.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My wife plus our two kids (ages 3 & 6) went for dinner during the busy weekend in high season. The staff was super nice and the food was delicious. Having been to Italy many times (nearly 30), a thought the pasta and the sauces were nice, the food flavoring was a bit more Americanized. This is not a huge negative, but it is what it is. The Veal Marsala was superb. Overall the portion could be a little bigger, but it was yummy. Kids loved their food and got toys to entertain themselves. We are definitely going back there again.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Why this place isnt number one is a mystery to me!! Homemade, and absolutely delicious! Emma, our waitress was lovely. The veal and chicken is hand cut. Two of us had veal, and have never had such tender veal, ever. The parmesan and sorrentina are fabulous choices. My son had chicken parm and said it was some of the best he has had. The sauces were all amazing. Everything that was on out table from the bread to our entrees pleased! Most of all, the service was outstanding. From the hostess to the busboy, to again, Emma who took impeccable care of us!
If you are looking for real Italian, don't miss Mama Risos!!