“GREAT FOOD, Rude Bus Boy, Poor Management, Hair in food (twice).”

Mama Riso's Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 172 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We asked bus-boy (w/glasses) for our waitress because other diners who entered later were being served before us. Upon return to restaurant the following night, my wife found hair in her food. She asked bus-boy (happened to be the same kid w/ glasses) to please get our waitress. He said, "Why are you so rude to me? You were rude to me last night, too." Astonished, we proceeded to have a very un-enjoyable dinner. The appetizer had hair in the food. Becuase we were so upset, we dared not report it. But then, hair in food in the mani course as well. After dinner, I spoke to bus-boy, whose only reply was "OK"; no apology, no explaination, nothing. I spoke with Manager (owner?) who offered a gift certificate which I refused. I didn't complain to "get something out of it", I complained so this rude behavior and unsanitary condition (hair in food twice) doesn't happen to anyone else. Too bad, the food is very good (minus the hair in it).

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Great place
The Eggplant appitzer and the mussels is amazing.
Staff is friendly , great for a family dinner .

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My wife is a vegan they went out of their way to prepare a meal she could enjoy and my dinner was equally delicious so good we went back the same week

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We tried waited a hour for overcooked food. Table next to us was refusing to pay lol. We tried several plates. The calamari was small and rubbery. Spagetti ok but bland sauce. The meatball, hocky puck veal and crunchy burnt lasagna all tasted like a frozen dinner. Soup bland and smelled, definately not homemade. Less than 1 star.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

What a disaster. The best part of the night was that we were seated within 5 minutes and we were a group of 6. It was all downhill after that. It took the waitress 20 minutes to even acknowledge us. They could have at least brought over some bread and butter and fill the water glasses without having to ask 3 times. I had this so-called Specialties the chicken scarpariello and it was not good. A couple dry out pieces of bone-in chicken and one piece of sausage. Two others had that baked ziti which was mushy and untasteful. My wife had the veal and did not complain. The two others had the chicken parmesan which had more sauce than chicken. After we were done eating I had to ask for the check twice and it still took them 20 minutes to give it to me. If you like Italian food go elsewhere.