“Good early bird ”

Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: George's Restaurant specializes in serving prime meats, seafood, poultry and fresh produce daily. We offer a full service salad bar along with a two house-made soup offering. Our service staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The decor is unique with hanging Tiffany style lamps in a beautiful log cabin setting. We invite you to come join us for a great experience! You'll be so glad you did.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The clerk at the hotel we were staying at recommended this place and to go to early bird what a great choice had a nice salad bar. Food was very good and reasonably priced. My wife had the tuna said was one of the best meals she has had. Service was good. I had the stuffed shrimp. It was plenty of food and tasty. We will be back.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The soup and salad bar were very good. Most of us had the prime rib and shrimp scampi the scampi was a little bland but the prime rib was very good. And portions were very good.

Our server was left a little to be desired. Very loud and hovered over our table including himself in our conversations.

The girl bussing the tables was rather quick to pick things up too, as if rushing to get us out.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Wanted to try the prime rib, wow. It takes a great piece of meat to impress me. Rare as I ordered the most delicious spice on the outside. Tender. The potato was hugh and server although busy with another big party was guite attentive. The bar was jovial and thanks to Nick found just the right wine to go with my meal. What wonderful meal and time.

1  Thank nynewenglander
Reviewed 15 September 2017

While spending a week in Lake George a woman who I chatted with at a breakfast restaurant recommended this restaurant. It's a very traditional type of restaurant and reminded me of places my parents would take me on special occasions when I was growing up - very north woodsy large space with a big log cabin feel. My husband and I both decided to go for steak dinners, believe they were New York strip steaks. There is a full bar and the meal starts with a large buffet salad bar which included soups and breads. My fear was that the salad bar was so extensive we might not be able to eat our steaks. Our steaks were great and came with baked potatoes and a vegetable. We each ended up bringing 1/2 of our dinners back to our hotel room and sticking them in our mini-fridge. The next night as we were preparing to leave for dinner there was a big thunder storm and we ended up eating our leftovers. Loved the atmosphere, the dinner choices. The whole thing. My husband has a mobility problem and the manager/maybe owner was very considerate. As soon as we came in he told us he would meet us at the side door so my husband would not have to walk up the stairs from the normal entrance to the dining room. Really recommend George's. Food, atmosphere, service. All very good. This is not an inexpensive dinner. Would say dinner with a drink and dessert would be minimally $100 per couple.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Absolutely the best Prime Rib & Lobster Tail in Lake George, not to mention a salad bar that includes two soups! Came for the car show, stayed to enjoy the best food & service. Nicky & Pat the bartenders on duty were so attentive and friendly. Our server Sylvia, couldn't have done a better job serving us to a completely packed restaurant, yes a waiting line out the door into the parking lot at 4:30! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for amazing prime rib in Lake George! Thank you all, can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Christine A