“One of the best steaks I've had”
Review of Skytop Steakhouse & Brewing Co - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went here after staying at the motel next door and had one of the best steaks I've had anywhere as well as having amazing vegetables, quite possibly the best green beans I've had out of the many places I've had them in.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The restaurant is very nice & the food was very good. My problem is the food amount is not what I would expect for the prices. I ordered the sliced Sirloin & for $27 it came with only 7 slices of meat. I asked for it medium well & I had to send it back since it came medium. They were very nice about it & did take care of it. It was delicious. There was more potato & veg. on all our plates then the meat. 3 couples we were with ordered the $54 Porterhouse for two. It was supposed to be a 32 oz, it was mainly bone. The antipasta bar was a nice added touch. It comes with the entree. I ordered the stacked eggplant appetizer to share which was $8, it only came with one eggplant. Although the food was good I will not go back. It is just to pricey. I could go to Roudigans (only a few miles away) & get more food for less money

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have eaten here a few times over the years when staying at the motel next door. (We don't recommend that.) Once again, we had a very pleasant dinner of Porterhouse for two, with nicely done vegetables and a good bottle of wine ("Hybrid" from California) that was not terribly expensive. Our service was very good. The desserts we had (bread pudding and creme brulee) were not as good as the rest of the meal. One minor issue is that they have only small, thick wine glasses, as the waiter said that the bigger, thinner ones had all broken in the dishwasher. It would be good if they could find a way around this problem!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I thought the service was a bit slow. The prices were higher than I recalled from previous visits. We visited early evening and the place was not packed and we sat outside. The food was good. The waitress was not that busy so the slow service, taking the order, bringing the check, bringing drinks was not pleasant. I would go back and give them another chance.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Coming back to upstate New York remembered this restaurant has was off Interstate 87 at Kingston and would be a convenient stop for dinner. Called from the road and they said they didn't have any table but could sit at the bar. Young lady who answered the phone was very unprofessional and sounded like a kid on her first job. She said we could be served at the bar as there were no table available. Asked to take my name if a table became available and said she couldn't. We took our chances and arrived at the restaurant and found it to be loud but were able to find room at the bar. Ordered drinks and asked for menus which we received. Between football games on flatscreen tv's and a live band playing it was real noisy. Bartender said she would take our order but had to hound her for attention. Some older man was behind the bar and just ignored us. He was more interested in stacking menus in a pile! Another waiter was counting and piling money behind the bar into stacks by denomination. Finally got the bartenders attention and tried to order. Bartender then said the kitchen was closed and could not take our orders! Unbelievable!!! Restaurant filled with young servers not caring other than making sure people at the bar got additional drinks. Never experienced this in all the years traveling worldwide. Maybe a consultant should come in and teach customer service beginning with how to handle a telephone call! Surely will not add this to a visit in the future coming upstate. This restaurant leaves a lot to be desired! On a lighter note, the mens room was filthy and had to use toilet papers to dry my hands. Not worth the effort to patronize!