“Good lunch buffet ”
Review of Mid Hudson Buffet

Mid Hudson Buffet
Ranked #23 of 223 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I have been here a few times only for lunch. The variety is good and the quality varies. All the hot Asian dishes are good. The sushi is not so good. Friendly service and being under $10 the price is right.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We've been going to this buffet as long as they've been here (almost 20 years). It's the only Chinese buffet around that's stood the test of time (there have been several that have come and gone). We've always liked the variety offered until they recently removed 2 of our favorites (the fried shrimp and crab legs). That said, we've gotten over the loss of those items and still enjoy the buffet they provide. As creatures of habit, we will continue to dine here as we do like most of what they provide and sometimes we don't like to have to order from a menu.

1  Thank murlr
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I feel that this is a typical Chinese Buffet. It had many options. I personally liked the sushi bar. Staff was friendly, but nothing super special...but it is a Buffet. The thing I remember most is how nasty the bathroom was. Now I've never seen a great bathroom in a Chinese restaurant...but this was bad. The stalls appeared to have food, condiments and possibly even feces on them. I wiped the toilet seat down, as I usually do in public bathrooms and there was some kind of dirt film that came off. If I didn't have to pee so bad, I would have waited the 40 minute drive home to go...but I wasn't going to make that. Smh

1  Thank Brandtl
Reviewed 20 June 2018

As former residents of Kingston, NY and current residence of Greeneville, TN we can tell you there is nothing better in between. Enjoy what you have. If you have reservations of doubt ... we are here to tell you to forget it ..... You have the best and most reasonably priced ....... bar none

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We used to love this buffet for its fried shrimp and crab legs (among other things). Sadly, these two items are no longer part of the experience. We went recently early on a Wednesday eve to find that they no longer include crab legs as part of their regular buffet offerings. I think they were available for an extra charge (maybe $4). Also, the fried shrimp (if it is still available) was not like the original. It is now more of a fried shrimp pate (not the right consistency). The other usual offerings are still good, but without the crab legs and fried shrimp the buffet has lost some appeal. We will still go back as it is still a decent buffet, but without our favorites.