“Great hot food and salad bar”

Mother Earths Storehouse
Ranked #77 of 223 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Very tasty hot foods for great lunch with salad bar. Unlike many health food places, they’re not afraid to use some spices so the Indian and Thai inspired dishes were really great. Good soup too!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

They can be expensive on some things. I like their new setup and cafe. The sandwiches are very good. I also like their organic produce.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Yes, this place is expensive Except for a very few things I cannot get anywhere else, I avoid shopping here. I can tell you the bakery items, while they hav improved over the years, are sub-par compared to the Mother Earths' in Poughkeepsie. In fact, Mother Earth's in Poughkeepsie is a better version of the Kingston store in general. Good for entertainment value if you like watching the pale walking dead wander about the store. Why do they all look so unhealthy if they are buying food from a health food store? This always baffled me.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Kingston and Fishkill branch stores have great healthy delis and baked goods as well as organic produce and frozen foods and groceries. Nice egg rolls gluten free muffins and knishes. Also they give $5 discounts for spending points. Nice people work here too.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I'm learning about healthier eating and just trying to support local merchants. This place is a family owned and operated slice of heaven. The fresh organic produce is the best I've seen anywhere. They have locally sourced honey available packaged or in bulk if you'd like to bring your own container. I'm a big fan for that reason alone. It's the staff that really makes the difference. As I said, I'm new to this healthier eating stuff and the staff is engaging, helpful and friendly. They never seem annoyed by my ignorance and always greet me with a smile. The feeling of welcome is just great. The addition of the bistro is fantastic, the food is what I aspire to prepare myself. The only thing I'd like to see added here is a Yoga Studio and a place for me to stay!