“God sent”

Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Hello first and foremost i want to say I'm sorry for anyone that visited Pine grove resort and did n!ot enjoy there stay ...This past weekend March 21.2013 my wife and 3 children spent the weekend there...as a child myself i spent numerous weekend vacations there with my family and all i remembered was the time of my life. Of course i was a young kid so who know maybe things had changed..Well flash forward 30 years and here we are my wife and my children planning our weekend at Pine grove....and of course like most i checked out reviews on line i read about 100 great reviews and some negative...HOWEVER i go forward with my amazing childhood memories plan the trip pack the car and head on up to Pine grove with my family...From the minute we arrived i felt like that little boy again running and playing at this amazing place..Except this time i was a Father watching my kids have the best time of there lives.....The weekend unfolded with Horseback riding swimming hayrides snow tubing dancing archery camp fires and marshmallows and awesome nightly entertainment to name a few....and there was still paintball bingo and other family thing's to do just not enough time..all though we made sure my wife got her massage at the spa..Well in conclusion i would like to say that if u want to stay at a place that your kids will remember forever and you want great quality time with your wife and kids this is the place..Remember you will be checking in to a Dude ranch and not the Ritz...and you will have a great time..reserve a room with bunk beds for the kids ..Enjoy

• Stayed: March 2013
Owner-Pinegrove, Owner at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

"God Sent" you are the "God sent", you have know idea how nice it is to respond to a happy guest. I meet hundreds of very happy guests each weekend but the typical guest posting on a website like this is usually driven by a sour point of some sorts.

We love our ranch, we love happy guests...Thank You!

There are newer reviews for Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Ranch owners must have read poor reviews since there are improvements..linens are clean and bathrooms updated. Housekeepers were more than happy to provide us with extra linens. Not the Marriott for sure.

Kids enjoy and staff is lovely..won't eat beef here but salads and Salmon are okay...
Hey at least kids have put down the ipods for a few days..plan to spend extra money for pool tables, air hockey and
arcade games

• Stayed: March 2013

I do read each review and we have been working hard to make every review a positive one. I would like to ask a favor, next visit please join me in the Kitchen. We will cook a Ribeye together, start to finish. I'm confident you will find fresh (never frozen) U.S. Choice Prime Rib, sliced and broiled. Nothing fancy, just a good steak.

Try to come soon, I'm hungry!

Thanks for staying with us,

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This was by far the worst vacation experience I have ever had! I was there for my senior trip. The rooms were filthy. I don't think the entire hotel owns a vacuum cleaner. There were holes in the wall and in the floor under the carpet. The water coming out of the sink and bath tub was brown and smelled bad. My headboard fell off the wall in the middle of the night! The lights flickered randomly. No washclothes in the bathroom and they refused to give us any. The sheets on our bed were either bloody or moldy. The supposed "activites" were a joke. The only thing moderately enjoyable the entire weekend was horseback riding, however the guides were rude and impatient. The food was inclusive, but we found ourselves buying food from the vending machines anyways. The food was undercooked or generally didn't taste good. I cannot stress this enough.....DON'T GO!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Simone710

We received 4 neagative post from students staying at Pinegrove on this March weekend. While it is our understanding that many o the 436 students had a good time. We respect these comments and will discuss each to make next year's planned High School Senior Class trip better.

see below coments:

If you look at two High School Senior Class student comments below, this trip as not successful. Can't exactly say why, we had almost 4,000 high school students at Pinegrove this winter, 99% had a great time. It is possible that our ranch does not meet the travelling standards of these students.

We are sorry that you did not have a good time.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I'm a 5 star hotel girl but that is NOT what this place is about. If you want to take your family or a group here it is perfect. The rooms were fine, all of the 30 minutes a day I spent in them and of course to sleep. The food wasn't bad, you could find something to eat - even if it was a salad. Again.... it's a DUDE RANCH, I did not expect a suite with a whirlpool tub and turn down service.

What made the place great? THE STAFF - EVERYONE was so accommodating, friendly and you can tell they truly enjoyed being there and working there. The wranglers were so nice and couldn't be more helpful. So much to do and see but anything that involved a staff member was great. Everyone really seemed that they weren't working but that they were part of a "family".

I want to go back, OFTEN - 2-3 times a year.

If you want a 5 star hotel - great pay $400 a night plus your meals. If you want a great time with your family and know that your kids will be safe and have fun. BOOK PINEGROVE!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Owner-Pinegrove, Owner at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Love your direct comments. We are what we are...an affordable family ranch vacation. I do agree, we meet those expectations. We are not a fancy, 5 star or 4 star resort wher you pay for each and every little thing. Pinegrove's mini-bar is a Free Snack Bar from 11am-11pm, just imagine what that bill would look like at a deluxe resort.

Thanks for telling it like it is!

David - Owner

Reviewed 17 March 2013

great family atmosphere!!! games activities horseback riding swimming!!!! great food with plenty of options. fun and friendly staff!!! amazing rates for all inclusive!!! We booked on short notice and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay fun and enjoyable.
Thank You David!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you! We have some exciting new plans for Summer 2013. A Zip Line from the Outdoor Pool to the Bouncing Pillow...now that will be fun!. Expanded menus (we read comments on tripadvisor! Food, Food, Food) and TLC for every room.

David - Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
12.7 km away
31.4 km away
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
28.5 km away
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!