“5th Annual Trip to the Ranch - another great vacation!!!”

Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have been bringing my nieces and my sister in law to the ranch for the past 5 summers. All of our experiences have been amazing. We just came back last night from a 4 day getaway at the ranch. Our favorite things are - the new menu for dinner, Tapaderos, the new activities director, Rob, the new bouncy pillow, the renovations in the indoor pool area, cocktail hours, bingo, hourse riding (of course) and the all day snacks from the chuckwagon - pretty much all of it!! We love the staff - we love how people remember us from one year to the next. We really enjoyed Rob - he kept us entertained all 4 days. The activities are family oriented and foster a sense of teamwork, competition, fun and togetherness. I like that familes are at a place where they can focus on their kids and partake in activities they normally would not have time for in the day to day hustle and bustle.
Thanks Pinegrove for another fantiastic summer vacation! We are planning to come back with our whole family for skiing and tubing next February.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Me and my daughter just came back from a vacation at the Ranch. It was the best vacation my daughter ever had she said. We had such a good time the horseback riding was great the guides were very helpful and nice. Every person in the hotel was there to help you and give you a great time. The hotel manager went out of his way to make sure that me and my daughter were having a great time, he even stopped by at breakfast to make sure we were happy. I would defiantly recommend this as a family vacation the food entertainment and horseback riding were all great Neal and Daughter

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I can't believe the $$$ I spent bringing my family here! I am extremely disappointed, only arrived today and am seriously considering leaving early....like tomorrow! Everything, especially the room, is disgusting and moldy! The food was horrible...ALL of it....even the soda tasted bad! I honestly can't see how someone would ever come here for a second time....I don't know if I'll be able to make it through my first! Those who give this place good or even decent reviews either work here, know someone who works here, or have never been on a nice vacation at a nice hotel/resort before! My advice to those considering this place is save your money, don't spend it on this dump!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank Judithserrano18
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I don't usually leave reviews unless they are really bad. This time, however, I had to write to praise the place. The whole time we were at the ranch I was trying to justify all the bad reviews I read and couldn't.

Rooms were motel style, which was more than we expected for a ranch stay. Our bathroom had a yellow-stained tile on the ceiling, which was replaced the next day WITHOUT us asking. Beds were comfortable to pass out after a full long day of activities. Carpets were not visibly dirty, but we walked on them with boots after riding in a mud, so as common sense, we wore flip-flops inside.

Food was delicious and plentiful. We stayed there for 5 nights and did not get to try everything, but what we did try was very good. In fact, the food was so plentiful that we all need a diet upon returning home. Staff at the restaurant was very friendly and attentive. Our waiter had a great sense of humor, knew what we wanted and always brought extras without us asking. Mid-stay we asked to sit us with another family, whom we met and became friends with at the ranch, and were accommodated immediately. No one expected nor demanded tips, but we left them anyway, as a token of appreciation.

Activities were of course the best part of the stay. We were so busy having fun every minute of the day, that we barely found time to have a poker game with our new friends. Staff was very helpful in organizing activities. They had everything at the front desk or right by the venues: board games, shuffle board sticks, ping pong, even poker chips.

Horses were very well taken care of. My son participated in the "barn brats" and thoroughly enjoyed helping to clean horses. He also got "pine grove dollars" for doing that, which we used to buy him a t-shirt. He never rode horses while we were advanced riders. However, I never had to worry about him on a beginners trail as he was very safe under care of our wonderful wranglers. Wranglers at times seemed bossy, but once they knew we were safe riders, they were actually extremely friendly and helpful. As advanced riders, we went on extended rides, which were solid 1.5 hours of fun: cantering and trotting on every clear spot of the beautiful property. Even walking through the woods was fun as the terrain had hills and required skilled riding. We also rode the biggest troublemakers as we were trusted to handle them, which was even more exciting. My son went from never riding a horse to an intermediate level by the last day and was extremely comfortable doing so.

Overall, I cannot thank Pinegrove Ranch enough for making our vacation so memorable. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Pay for the cheapest room. They are big enough for a family of 3. Bigger family would be placed in b...
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My family and I had such a great time at the Pine Grove Ranch. It was clean inexpensive and just so many activites to do. As a guest there you were treated as a guest. So many activites to do that everyone was happy. This is not our first time there and will not certainly be our last.

Room Tip: They all are the best!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
12.7 km away
33.3 km away
Cold Spring Lodge
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!