“Just what I was looking for.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville

Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Johnstown
Rochester, New York
“Just what I was looking for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Needed a place to decompress between holiday weekend visits to relatives. I have a 4 and 7 year old, and on a limited budget, but I refuse to stay in a dump. Coffee maker in room - check. Tub for the kids to take a bath - check. Decent TV to occupy kids - check. Refrigerator - check. Microwave - check. In-room check out - check. Wi-Fi - check. I opted to include breakfast in the price, so for a $20 up-charge we all had a restaurant style breakfast with individual service, large portions, and a tasty menu. Kids eat free. Staff was very helpful and courteous but I didn't have any complaints or special needs either. There was a bar in the hotel but I didn't use it so i can't comment other than it was there and room service was offered. Overall had a great stay, the kids enjoyed themselves, and left recharged for another round of holiday visiting. I don't write a lot of reviews, but I read plenty. I also am very honest when i do give a review. Based on my experience and my needs during this trip, it gets 5 stars across the board.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Appomattox, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed here for a week to attend a symposium in the area and do some genealogical research. The updated room was not spacious but quite comfortable and had a fridge and microwave as well as wi-fi. Our cat liked the first floor accomodation with a window he could sit in that looked out on the pool. Improvements to this motel make it a far nicer place than our visit a few years ago. The hotel staff was responsive to requests and housekeeping was especially nice. We would plan an extended visit here the next time we come to the area.

Room Tip: Call the motel directly to engage a pet-friendly room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhereBenhasbeen
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I reserved a Group Block for approximately 50 room nights for myself and my clients. I hold similar events about 20 times per year. The reservation process started more than 6 months before the event. I spoke and/or exchanged approximately 50 communications with the Sales Manager; right up to the day before the event.

My flight was supposed to land in Albany at 5:00 p.m. and then arrive in Johnstown at 6:00 p.m. Air travel does not always go as expected. Right from the start, there were maintenance issues and a variety of other delays. When I realized I was going to be late, I emailed the Sales Manager/Hotel that I was going to be very late and to hold my reservation.

I finally arrived in Johnstown at 3:15 a.m. There was no one in the lobby. It took me 10 minutes to find someone (in the bathroom), only to find out they had no information about me and the hotel was sold out. I was informed the Sales Manager never makes a mistake. I pulled out my computer and showed the desk manager a very long list of emails regarding the reservation process. One was from the Sales Manager assuring me that she would take care of my reservation. He replied that doesn't mean anything. At that point I was incensed and let fly some unfortunate words. I was a little tired and had to get up in 2.5 hours. He was virtually useless and clearly had better things to do. I was able to find a room at the Microtel and got to bed at 4:00 a.m.

I sent the Sales Manager an email asking her to explain what happened. It has now been two weeks and there has been no reply. A simple apology would have gone a long way, but that was apparently too much to ask for.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bluedevil1982
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

The Holiday Inn in Johnstown, NY has recently undergone a multi million dollar renovation over the last year. I stayed at the hotel in 2009 and 2010 white the transformation was going on. I reently stayed there and it was beautiful. Still had that "New Smell" to it. Everything was completed with upgrades through out the property.

The food was great, the bartender Al was very entertaining with his stories to Jamaica and good humor.

Beds were comfortable and rooms are large, grounds are impeccable and in the summer there is outside dining overlooking a large pool which backs up to private woods.

I did notice that the hotel is very active within the community as they were hosting a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Clubs in Gloverville. Nice touch!!

The owners did a very nice job and reservations are a must as many days the hotel seems to be sold out. Be it business or pleasure this is a Don't Miss" if you are in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was supposed to stay here for two nites for a class reunion. My flight got cancelled due to a tropical storm shutting down the airport and preventing me from arriving. I called the hotel to let them know that I would not be able to get there and requested a refund of the 2nd nite. The hotel refused to give any adjustment to the bill and it turns out the the special "discounted" rate was actually higher than the normal rate. This place is a total rip off.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank hkyhry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
1.2 km away
16.8 km away
Super 8 Amsterdam
Super 8 Amsterdam
#1 of 1 in Amsterdam

Been to Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville? Share your experiences!