All reviews bob evans small bar parking lot front desk staff waffles rooms were spotless refrigerator and microwave sausage would definitely stay here again off route in town water pressure musty smell a great stay breakfast buffet first floor lake chautauqua
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Very clean and nice room. Staff is very helpful and pleasant. The lounge was a nice surprise, was nice to have a drink at the motel. Breakfast area was nice and clean with a good selection. Will stay again

Trip type: Travelled on business
Michelle H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Jamestown, NY. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to your next visit! I will be sure to pass this along to the entire staff.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I arrived in Jamestown by bicycle from Lake Erie [New York] State Park via Fredonia, NY at 4:45 PM. A bit tired going up and down long steep hills on NY 60 with its wide (8-15 foot paved shoulders).

I actually passed the Comfort Inn on my way to downtown Jamestown.

Thinking I'd stop at the Pendergast Public Library and use the Library's computer to search for lodging I suddenly was confronted with an AAA office as I turned the corner to go into downtown Jamestown, NY. I am an AAA member although I travel many times as a "loaded" (i. e., with camping gear) bicycle tourist rather than by automobile.

I used AAA for the first time to book a room and was pleasantly surprised at the service provided. I told the AAA travel advisor, Elizabeth, my situation and she quickly found me an inexpensive (it is shoulder season) motel room at the Comfort Inn.

The Inn accommodated my request for a ground floor room although the Inn does have an elevator to the second floor rooms. [Carrying a bicycle even if the panniers are removed up to a second floor room after a long ride is not fun!]

Friendly efficient, check-in desk clerk. She even made certain I was credited with "Choice Privileges" points without me asking for this bonus. I left my helmet & smelly bike gloves on a lobby table and before I could reach my room a staff member/bartender brought it to me.

Unlike many reasonably priced motels the Comfort Inn Jamestown/Falconer NY has a small lounge that serves beer, wine, distilled beverages, & mixed drinks. No need to search for a "watering hole" in a nearby restaurant or higher priced motel.

Breakfast was included with the price of the room (a good value). Although it was not a on demand breakfast it had sufficient choices of prepared (sausage in gravy; hard boiled eggs; semi-prepared foods (make your own waffles) as well as packets of unsweetened oatmeal (condiments sunflower seeds, raisins, nuts); yogurt; milk, & excellent coffee.

The shower (with bath tub) had lots of hot water & an easily adjustable shower head to remove the grime on my body (it was 90ºF/32ºC/high humidity) from bicycle the ~40 mi./64km. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was well appointed with sufficient lighting, a desk, a comfortable lounging chair with ottoman, dresser, open closet, and luggage rack.
My bike enjoyed its stay against the wall after I placed plastic bags (available from the desk clerk) under it (to prevent bike stuff from dirtying the rug).

Room tip: Rooms facing downtown might (stress on the word might) be quieter than those facing I 86/NY 17.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Michelle H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for such a nice detailed review of your stay. We appreciate the kind words and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please don't hesitate to contact us again next time you are in the area and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I am a picky traveler, and if there is a nit to pick, I will pick it. That said, I have nothing bad to say about the Comfort Inn. Hans Grohe and American Standard in the bathroom. A great breakfast, and a very comfortable bed. There's a Bob Evans across the parking lot. I cannot speak to the other motels in Jamestown, but I will stay here the next time I am in the area without hesitation. Pets (and that includes kitties) are welcome, and by welcome, I mean we received a packet of kitty treats when we checked in.

1  Thank Spike_Spiegel_47
Michelle H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

What a nice review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Jamestown, NY, we appreciate your business. I will be sure to pass this along to the entire staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Upon arriving we were greeted by a warm welcoming at the front desk. She was friendly, informative and appeared to really appreciate us being there. The room was spacious as well as very clean. The bed and pillows were comfy. The bathroom was a little on the small size, but it was very clean and there was great water pressure in the shower. There is a bar that opens at 5, but since we were out late we did not have a drink. Free popcorn was in the lobby around the same time. The free continental breakfast was excellent. There was waffles, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage, and bacon, as well as the usual: cereal, Danish, bagels, English muffins, yogurt, etc. The staff kept the items replenished and the area very clean. Check out was efficient and quick. Morning front desk staff was also vert friendly. Location was perfect to downtown Jamestown as well as the lake. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michelle H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Jamestown, NY on your recent travels. We appreciate your business and your nice review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

It is not the newest kid on the block. In fact, you can easily see signs of its age but for everything that matters, it met our expectations. Our room was clean and confy and the bedding was cofortable enough to let the four of us spend a very good night.So sad that we arrived too late for the cookies.

However, something that merits consideration is the warm welcome we had upon arrival. Dynamic, enthusiasm, dedicated, name it. It has been very long since I had such warm welcome and I am traveling a lot.

A little pricy maybe but almost every hotel in this area are asking for prices higher than what we can expect. In fact, we ended there because prices surrounding the lakes are almost abusive, And to tell you the truth, we really enjoyed the 24 miles we had to do to reach this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018