“Rude and Disgusting”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Rude and Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

The service, espiacially the person at the reception desk on wed 14/09/11 was really rude. Next time we will choose any hotel but the super 8 motel thanks to this person. Please do choose another hotel!

Room Tip: Just choos anoter hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Viva0822

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
we dropped in for a night due to unexpected stop at Ithaca. the hotel is dirty, disgusting, old, with horrible service. its located in a poor and rather intimidating area. the prices are high and comparable to much much better hotels in the heart of town such as the hilton inn etc.
to conclude: do yourself a huge favor: stay away!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LY1TelAviv
Hightstown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We booked this hotel to see the sights in Ithaca and the Finger Lakes for a couple of days. I booked through Wyndham rewards and was surprised not to see a confirmation of my stay in my inbox a couple of days before my stay. I called Super 8 and they were able to confirm my reservation.
The hotel was easy to find and was located within a couple of minutes of everything you would need or want to do in Ithica proper.
During check-in, the clerk noticed my special request for feather-free pillows, and tried to double-check the room with the housekeeper before checking me in. I told her not to worry about it and she said to let her know if I had a problem with my pillows.
The room was a typical budget hotel room with a standard TV, microwave, mini fridge, and open clothing rack. The bathroom was had standard fixtures. The shower head did not work right, however, as it would only exert very high water pressure or practically no water pressure at all.
The main detractor from this property is the sleep quality. The first night we did not sleep well as the AC went on and off and there was a lot of traffic and noise from the hallways early in the morning. The second night we slept a little better by running the fan all night to block out the other noise.
We did not take advantage of the continental breakfast as the offerings were not very appealing and enjoyed breakfast at Waffle Frolick and Ithaca bakery instead.
This property may be okay for budget travelers but I would not recommend for more seasoned vacationers.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank DSXM
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Super 8 has cheap conotations, but the Ithaca one was excellent. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and my husband loved the recliner. Coffee and juice is availble at all times, and the breakfast was decent. The coffee wasn't terrific, but it was free. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend to anyone, and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I was in town for a concert and chose the Super 8. After many visits to the Ithaca area over the years, I have tried several of the local hotels. The Super 8 is the one to which I return, though. When I looked for the room, months in advance, admittedly the rate was higher ($150+) than what I would expect for a budget hotel. I booked anyway, though, because previous visits had been excellent. Subsequently I converted the stay to a loyalty program point redemption, and the room became complimentary. The staff was very helpful in making this switch. The hotel was sold out that night, due to many events in the Ithaca area. I did not notice it, though. The hotel was quiet, and parking was not an issue. My room was comfortable, although a bit disconcerting as it was handicapped accessible (the only choice when I booked). The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit on the dark side, but it was not problematic. The shower head had good height and water pressure. The hotel has free wireless Internet. I did not use it this time, but in the past it has been adequate. On my next stop in Ithaca, this will be my hotel of choice...again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo