Rodeway Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
USD 247
Hampton.com
USD 269
USD 222
Country Inn
USD 225
GardenInn.com
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
USD 172
USD 225
Homewood
USD 207
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
USD 409
  • Restaurant
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
USD 236
USD 284
USD 192
Official Hotel
USD 269
USD 216
All reviewsswim meetking bedhot breakfastrooms are spaciousithaca collegeparking lotmy daughtercoffeemakerpondfurnishingstvrenovationcomfortnoisedowntown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a new hotel. Very clean, the staff was very polite and accommodating. The free breakfast was real food, not just a couple of donuts. It's only a couple of miles from the center of Ithaca where you will find hotel prices in the $500 to $1000 range.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Room was clean and modern. Parking was tight, some noise by doors slamming a lot. Breakfast was ok. Good location bear both colleges and shopping areas. Would come back. Owners were very nice and helpful with anything you need.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I had business up at Cornell. I got a great rate but was apprehensive because it had two stars. I read some reviews and they were helpful! We took a chance and we were Very pleasantly surprised at how nice our stay was. It’s 5 or so miles from Cornell, so it’s pretty convenient. The family that owns the motel are dedicated to your service. It has all been renovated with very nice touches. I came to the motel at 0230 and the man said “just be careful, take your time and rest! I’m here all night”, and I liked that considerate response. The breakfast was great and had many items to choose from. Our room was spacious and the bathroom had beautiful granite. Room 130 has a pond in the back so you can hear pleasant, soothing “country sounds”. I think this motel should be a three star based on the quality of the room, bedding, and cleanliness etc. , but you don’t have to just take MY word for it. Go up to Ithaca this summer and stay at the Rodeway.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Maria718
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect place to stay for one night for a Cornell event. It’s a relatively modest but comfortable and convenient hotel. It’s recently renovated and clean. A great alternative to overpriced Ithaca lodging.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2018

This is a reliable and wonderfully peaceful place to stay away from the noise and hubbub of downtown Ithaca while still convenient to everything -- not only was it was much more reasonably priced, it was more comfortable and far cleaner than many other locations I have stayed while visiting Ithaca. I had such a pleasant stay over the weekend that I returned for four more nights!

Certain events in the life of a college town drive the costs of all accommodations -- it is the law of supply and demand. I found the prices to be an excellent value. Travellers should not expect the same rates for a room during graduation or other popular events as during the rest of the year. That said, this was still the unsung best deal in town during Cornell Days!

The extremely kind and welcoming family who runs the Rodeway Inn & Suites have taken great pains to renovate this property: the spacious king room I stayed in was tastefully decorated, immaculately clean, and featured all-new appliances (coffeemaker, microwave, small refrigerator, large flat-screen TV, ironing board/iron, hairdryer), furniture, and (very important for my weak lungs) what seemed to be all low-VOC furnishings. My lungs normally kick up a fuss when I stay in hotel rooms, but they were completely happy and non-reactive to this very clean, very new environment. (Other folks who have lung issues or chemical sensitivities will understand what I mean.)

There is an outer hallway that requires a passkey to open & separates the room doors from the parking lot, keeping any parking noise or travel dirt out of the rooms, and adding an extra layer of security, but while maintaining the convenience of a drive-up location.

I am a very picky hotel-goer, and I felt very at home here -- the bathroom was so immaculately clean, it almost made me feel inadequate as a housekeeper in my own home... I really liked the pretty granite shower surround as well as the curved shower curtain rod that creates more space in the shower. Fluffy, very clean towels are plentifully supplied, and the usual supply of soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are complemented by a shower cap -- super convenient not just for keeping a perm dry, but also if you are bathing little ones who do not like to get their ears wet!

Speaking of little ones, there was plenty of room in my king room for parents who might need to set up a travel bassinet or crib next to the bed, and still have plenty of room to get in and out.

Those who like a hot breakfast will be glad -- there were many hot choices in the well-stocked chafing dishes, including sausage, bacon, cheese omelets, and make-your-own waffles. I particularly enjoyed the fruit choices: apples, perfectly ripe bananas, and very delicious little clementine oranges -- the perfect size. Lipton tea in bags is available as well as coffee, and there is milk in the little refrigerator. There may have been other food as well, but I think you get the gist of it. The breakfast room is right off of the main reception area, and it is all very clean.

The internet was reliable and fast, and the desk and desk chair in the room quite comfortable to work for long stretches. Outlets for charging your gadgets are plentiful, and the bulbs in the task and bedside lamps are sustainable LEDs, but still give plenty of light for reading and working. I am not certain, but I imagine the overhead lights were also LEDs -- hurrah!

The bed was very cozy -- a pillowy top, but firm enough for this stomach-sleeper to drift away in supported comfort. I greatly appreciated the very clean sheets and the warm covers that actually stayed put on top of me, instead of slithering indecorously (and uselessly) to the floor as they do in in a couple of the super-expensive hotels I've stayed in... In the style of the modern platform, the bed is elevated, which lends a certain regal air to your sleeping and makes getting out of bed an easy event, rather than an undignified clamber to stand. Four pillows ensure that no one in the king bed will lack for comfort!

The crowning glory for this nature-loving traveler was the little pond outside my window (room 130). Because it was just-spring, the lovely peepers sang all night long -- glorious! They sang me right to sleep. On my first visit, a pair of geese were visiting, but my second visit, I was amazed by the sight of a pair of LOONS as well as the geese!! I got so excited, I nearly fell over! I am guessing they were migrating, but since I don't know that much about loons, other than that they are usually pretty shy, I just felt lucky to have spotted them.

In addition to the little pond, many of the windows overlook the fields leading up to a little hill -- very picturesque and peaceful, I thought, as I drifted off to sleep on my cloudlike bed, listening to the peepers...

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business