“Dinner at J & R Steakhouse.”
Review of J&R's Steakhouse

J&R's Steakhouse
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Islip
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 6 April 2017

My girlfriend and I decided, that it was time for a good meal in a short notice. We drove a distance of 15 miles to Islip, on or mind was to eat prime rib. Got there at about 5 PM a waitress seated us and shortly a dish of pastas with beans as well as a pickle arrived. We ordered a beer and were told it was happy hour, two for the price of one. I ordered my Prime Rib and my girlfriend decided to have chopped sirloin steak instead. The food arrived soon, a large amount,and very tasty, even we asked for Seniors it was plenty full, we could not eat it all, in a box we took the rest home, coffee fresh out of the kitchen also cheese cake came with it which we took home. The next day we warmed up the left over and still could not eat it all. I could not believe how less our bill was, well as I always do, gave a tip of 20% from the sum of the bill, our stomach was full, in a good mood we decided to return here soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Food is salty. The prime rib is always good. Steaks are not consistent. If you order to go always ck your order it's never Ben right. Everything seems like it's extra. Each location on the island is not consistent with the others.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Used to like the pot roast and German beer but now they seem to use preprocessed meat for the roast. Yech! maybe the steaks are still good. Salmon is but put the natural stuff back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We have been there for lunch which offers great specials at great prices.
We have also gone to J&R for Christening parties and the food was excellent and the servers very attentive.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious. Food was well cooked and seasoned perfectly. I like my steak well done. They sent it out perfectly. Most chefs confuse well done with burnt. Smh
Love this place.