“Great Steakhouse”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Description: Tellers is not just a Chophouse. It’s an institution. Born out of an old bank, Tellers delights visually with the original Mosler Vault serving as our wine vault at the heart of Tellers and a dining room set inside sky-high ceilings and 30 foot vertical windows. Our Chef constructs progressive takes on the classics, but let’s the traditional Chophouse fare take center stage, with USDA PRIME, 21-day dry aged beef as our cornerstone. The Gold Bar pays homage to classic bars of years past. Enjoy lunch in Prime’s dining room, our fireplace lounge or at our bar. Host your event or celebrate your special occasion in the timelessness that is Tellers: An American Chophouse.
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My family and I go to Tellers often. The food is delicious and the service is superb. It is quite pricey, but you can't beat the 2 course lunch for $19. Wine pairing with the lunch is 10 bucks. This is the best steakhouse in the Islip area.

1  Thank myrtol

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I personally feel the restaurant was overrated. I was there with customers and needless to say everybody was a bit disappointed. I had the lamb chops, they were average .My clients all had steak. They were happy with their steaks but felt that they were just an average steak. The waitress was very polite and helpful . Just did not think it was fair th the money you spent there.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

The restaurant knew it was our anniversary. Immediately the waiter wished us a happy anniversary. Our table was in the corner so we had privacy. Our food was wonderful. We had the shrimp and lobster wontons and the duck fat fries. Both were fantastic. For dinner I went for the skirt steak and my husband the ribeye. I did try his ribeye and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. He was extremely happy. For dessert we shared a creme brûlée. We shared a bottle of wine that was recommended. Everything about the night was memorable and delicious!

1  Thank blake392
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Came here to celebrate my dad's birthday. The building used to be an old bank and has a very unique vibe. Food is excellent and the service is top notch. Try the Filet Mignon- perfectly cooked! The menu is a little limited however. Highly recommended.

3  Thank 20jack03
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Tellers knows what steak lovers are looking for! All their steaks are good but their Cowboy rib eye is the way to go if you like a flavorful steak cooked to perfection! Beef Wellington is one of my personal favorites. The Seaford tower, shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, macaroni and cheese, all great dishes! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Tellers used to be a bank so the decor is charming with high ceilings and elegant decor. The bank vault is still there being used as the wine cellar. For more intimacy, request the fireplace room .

TravelDivaDayna