“A Great Ribeye In A Great Setting”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Description: Tellers is not just a Chophouse. It’s an institution. Born out of an old bank, Tellers delights visually with the original Mosler Vault serving as our wine vault at the heart of Tellers and a dining room set inside sky-high ceilings and 30 foot vertical windows. Our Chef constructs progressive takes on the classics, but let’s the traditional Chophouse fare take center stage, with USDA PRIME, 21-day dry aged beef as our cornerstone. The Gold Bar pays homage to classic bars of years past. Enjoy lunch in Prime’s dining room, our fireplace lounge or at our bar. Host your event or celebrate your special occasion in the timelessness that is Tellers: An American Chophouse.
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

This converted bank building is a classy place with great ambience and excellent service.

It's huge bone-in ribeye set a high standard for my ensuing obsession with the cut.

It may be the best steak house of any I have visited in Suffolk County.

2  Thank Richard C

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We've been to Tellers on many occassions, unfortunately it's been hit or miss. Last Saturday we went there and were seated immediately. The waitress was very friendly and fairly attentive, but it was very busy.

The drink orders were slow, but once the appetizers came we moved forward without a problem. That was until my steak came out. I originally ordered the filet mignon, but at 7:30 on a Saturday night I was told that they ran out. After ordering the rib eye del monico, it came out med well, I ordered med rare. They brought out another which was black and blue.

I brought it to the attention of the waitress who offered to take it back again, but since we suggested this restaurant to the other couple that we were with, I decided to just eat it.

However, when a restaurant charges $40 for a steak, attention to detail should be the standard.

The waitress did comp us for our desserts.

The clincher was after dinner, when we were stopped walking out. The waitress said she gave us the wrong bill, which was $320. We paid the new bill, which was $380 (for four people) and just laughed.

3  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed 18 May 2016

My husband and I enjoyed the tallest hamburger I've ever seen during a recent lunch "date" at Tellers. The service is impeccable and the food perfectly prepared. Our burgers were delicious and the fries were wonderful. We enjoyed the bread service as we awaited our meals and our water glasses were refilled every time we drank even a little. We look forward to a return when we can enjoy other offerings on the menu.

1  Thank LongIslandMabel
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Steak was perfectly prepared. Sat in a booth that accommodated 9 people. Good for groups or a romantic date

1  Thank Alyssa M
Reviewed 14 April 2016

The food is always flawlessly executed. The fixed price lunches are a rip deal. Excellent lobster bisque and steak Diane . The breads are terrific.

2  Thank Mrmnms