“Great Service”

TGI Fridays
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Islandia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Islandia, NY is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

The staff was very courteous and helpful. The place wasn’t busy at all, and maybe that contributed to it, but still very courteous. The food was great, I had the rib and wing app combo. Download their app and signup and you get an $8 off of an app coupon so that made it even nicer. My waitress told me about that and she didn’t have too. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here for a quick lunch while on the road. We were greeted by a young man dancing and smiling at us inside the door. He was dressed in TGIF outfit, so we assumed he was a very happy greeter/host. But he just kept dancing....strange. As our meal went on, we noticed that he continued to bop around the restaurant but didn't seem to be 'working'. We eventually assumed that the young man may have a disability, and good on the restaurant for employing him if that's the case. But his non stop actions were distracting, to say the least.

For meals, we both ordered up a couple of burger platters. Meals were ok, but not fantastic.

The worst part was the drink. There was a card on the table with several drinks available. My partner ordered a sangria. There were no prices on the card, but we assumed it would be reasonable. Apparently not. When we got the bill, that one drink was $11.99. That's ridiculous. If you're going to charge NYC rooftop bar prices for your drinks, you should at least advertise the prices.

We actually thought a mistake had been made. We questioned the waiter if the drink was actually $11.99. His one word response was 'yes'.

We won't be back.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Typical Friday's, nothing really exciting about it. The endless appetizers are definitely the way to go! Didn't have to wait long for food.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Server was great! She made sure to stop by the table often to see if there was anything more needed. Service was quick! Thank you!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I never leave bad reviews and I always leave good reviews when an establishment deserves it. I went lastnight, I saw people waiting for tables after me but I didn't wait for a table. Only a couple tables being sat at, so maybe they were understaffed but even so, we received no apology for the slow service, slow and not up to par food, etc. Two of us ordered $10 endless apps. She got her food first and I never got mine, I only got my food when the waitress came around to take our "second round order" no apology for me never receiving my food at all. My Coke was flat so I got a sprite, that was flat as well. The waitress never checked on us once or like I said, apologized for the awful service. We never complained, figured I'd put my feelings in a review.