OHEKA CASTLE Hotel & Estate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Huntington Station)
View Hotel
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel(Woodbury)
  • Pool
All reviewstour guidelong islandwhitney roomgrounds are beautifulcharlie chaplinluxury hoteltake picturesfree snacksoff limitsthe gold coastgreat gatsbyopen to the publiccrab cakesguest roomsan appetizeroriginal ownerstay overnight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Oheka Castle deserves a 10star rating. The gardens and castle are renovated to its original splendour. The rooms are large and the bathrooms all uniquely decorated,some with a jaccuzzi. We felt as if we were royalty in our own castle, our own fairy tale dream.

I would highly recommend the castle tour as you get to appreciate the beauty and history of the "monopoly man's" castle.

2  Thank Maryna l
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I would give Oheka Castle 10 stars if I could. The place is more grand and luxurious than you can imagine. Our room was large with a huge bathroom with jaccuzzi. The bed was a queen ( a king would have been better) but there was a sitting area and a walk in closet. The place is as solidly built as any building anywhere. You dont hear your neighbors walking around or anything else.

We had a light lunch at the bar, and a fantastic dinner. Dont be put off by the prix fix menu. You can order ala carte. As a matter of fact they served us dinner in a room that once was the study of the lady of the house. We had the room to ourselves. In terms of atmosphere and service, it was one of the best meals we ever had.

I highly recommend Oheka Castle to anyone looking for a romantic getaway. I dont think it is a great place to bring kids, unless they can appreciate the beaty and the history of the Castle. We look forward to going back.

Room Tip: the fourth floor rooms have small windows
1  Thank mkairey
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We had great fun at Oheka. Yes, as other Trip Advisor reviewers had mentioned, there were some funky things about the room and the TV cabinet doors wouldn't stay open for us either, but when the expectations are set in the romantic historic roaring twenties spirit of the castle, the experience was great fun!

The bath room was very well done and the room, although a bit funky in spots and definitely decorated to fit the roaring twenties mantra, was very comfortable and enjoyable. It would have been nice to have a small end table for both sides of the bed, I used my suitcase instead.

We really really enjoyed our meal in the Charlie Chaplin room, the food was wonderful and the specialty drinks were professionally prepared and tasted great. Our service was top notch and it goes without saying that the setting and atmosphere was most interesting. The owner, who lives in the castle, came by and had a warm and friendly conversation with us.

We took the tour the next day and the guide was excellent, very informative and friendly. The grounds and building were open for us to stroll around (we really enjoyed the formal garden area) and we enjoyed seeing a wedding being set up for the coming night.

The only negative comment I would make it that there is a set a stairs in the grand entry that you have to carry your bags up. Normally I carry all my own bags and don't bother the bell staff, but for this one, you might want to accept their kind offers to take your bags to your room for you.

So is it up to top luxury hotel standards? Not yet, but he is still working on it. But if you come in with the right set of expectations it is a really fun and interesting place to stay!

Room Tip: The view out the top floor is obviously best, but the price is higher up there as well. Our view was of the wedding center roof.
1  Thank Submariner42
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I went there for her birthday with a Groupon. It is an amazing place. Gorgeous. Quiet. Easy to get to from NYC. You really felt like royalty. The room was beautiful, clean, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The food was expensive (but that is to be expected) was delicious - worth the price! And the staff was amazing. I have never encountered nicer people at a hotel before. They really made sure that you were enjoying yourself and taken care of... also not a blink of the eye at the fact we were a lesbian couple. I wish I could move in! Thanks Gary and Staff!

2  Thank tentimes11
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The accomodations...rooms, public rooms, bar and dining is outstanding and the setting for the hotel is scenic. A great choice on Long Island.

Room Tip: This fantasic hotel has a wide choice of rooms which are all clean and attractively furnished. .
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple