“I actually finished the entire Eggplant Parm!”
Review of Vico Restaurant

Vico Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vico Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: USD 12 - USD 28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vico offers a modern take on traditional Tuscan cuisine using the freshest local ingredients from the Hudson Valley in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Gluten-free and vegetarian options available.
Reviewed 16 December 2015

I couldn't pinpoint it but the flavor of the Eggplant Parm was delicious! I usually can only eat half of my portion, but I devoured it. Yum!
The other people in my party ordered the pumpkin ravioli and licked their plates clean as well (I think this was a special for the day though).

The desserts were ok- nothing super special, but the service and main courses were delicious. We would go back.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

We were driving around exploring the area when we came upon Hudson, a wonderful discovery! Vico was an excellent choice for dinner on a cold, blustery night. The $32 price fixe menu gives you a green salad, choice of 5 -7 entrees, and dessert -- a great deal! I had the nightly pasta special of rosemary meatballs with pasta in marinara sauce and my husband had the pasta with sausage, eggplant and tomatoes. Both entrees were delicious. The chocolate molten cake and plum pastry rounded out a wonderful meal. The service was excellent, and music was at the right volume for conversation.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We recently had dinner at Vico on a Sunday evening before the Columbia Film Festival. The service was outstanding, the atmosphere cozy, warm and romantic and the food was terrific. Everything was home made and the menu had many options. We will be back!

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We were looking forward to dining here as it had been recommended by a trusted friend. The atmosphere inside is lovely and not pretentious like so many restaurants in Hudson. It has a homey Italian vibe and our server was very pleasant. We both ordered the specials: I had the sea bass "en papillote" and Richard had the duck breast. We ordered a moderately priced Dolcetto di Alba, always a lovely wine.

The salad course was fairly average. The trouble started for me when the waitress delivered the papillote to me and then walked away. We served this as one of the most popular dishes in our restaurant Blue Mountain Bistro for years and the servers were well trained at cutting away the paper and sliding the fish and delicious contents of the "package" onto the plate for the diner to enjoy. I stared in disbelief that she would leave this, so I flagged her down and she abruptly said it was my job to open it!!! "Really? With what?" I responded!! So she said she would do it and came back with a knife and another plate and hacked at it for a few minutes, not really knowing what she was doing. Soon enough I told her to leave it and finished the job myself. Then had to go wash my hands. Fortunately the dish was delicious, but the attitude of the server was not good.

The duck breast was tasty but the sauce tasted like they had opened a jar of orange marmalade and thinned it down. Not at all sophisticated.

When we got the bill they had charged us for a more expensive bottle than we ordered. The server then snapped "we showed you the bottle and you accepted it, therefore you should pay for it"! He came back and curtly showed us that they changed the charge to the lower bottle and left the check.

Needless to say, it was disappointing and I would not go back.

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

I am so disappointed and sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. We do strive to accomodate every request in a prompt and friendly manner, but it's clear we let you down on this occasion, for which I sincerely apologize. -Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Delicious food. Stopped in after touring Olana. Was relaxing and friendly. Homemade gelato and pastas. The atmosphere was cozy in the dining area. There is a bar with a few tables when you first walk in with two dining areas in the back. Homemade bread is a great starter they bring.

1  Thank 4vrongo

Been to Vico Restaurant? Share your experiences!