“Great place, Great food, Friendly staff.”

Oak Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #22 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: USD 10 - USD 17
Description: Oak Pizzeria Napoletana is a southern Italian eatery serving authentic neapolitan pizzas, vast selection of small plates (antipasti), terroir driven wines and craft brews.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We decided to use a gift certificate given to us to try the place for a Sunday lunch.

We ordered the 5 plate combo, a margarita pizza, and a couple of beers for the 2 of us.

I'll be honest, 90% of the time when we eat out, we walk away with the feeling "We just paid how much for something we could have made better at home?"

Not here. The food was great. We had anchovies with olive oil and bread, warm olives, air dried beef, Italian prosciutto, and fire roasted suckling pig. Along with the wood fired pizza and a hunk of French cheese. Their bread is awesome! We both walked away VERY satisfied and happy we went. Reminiscent of a lunch in Europe.

Staff was friendly and attentive.

Interior is a little hard, for lack of a better word, but cozy and very clean none the less.

I highly recommend giving it a try on Sunday afternoon while visiting bustling Hudson,NY.

We will DEFINITELY go back! Thanks for a nice experience.

1  Thank morebeerhere

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went for tapas and wine. It's pricey.....3 glasses of wine and 6 tapas plates was close to $100. Decor is cool, service is attentive (maybe a bit too attentive..... my water literally got filled after every sip! I guess that's better than being ignored, though.)

Wine selection was interesting.

My tapas were good, but not as good as I wanted them to be. I got the only 3 vegetarian ones I could find. I was pleased with them, but not blown away. Pizzas looked and smelled absolutely amazing......I'll be back for that next time!!!!!

1  Thank Erin R
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Oak is not just a great pizzeria, but the closest to a true Italian trattoria. There are great authentic Italian small plates like baccala montecato (whipped cod pate), herbed olives, white anchovies,etc.,etc. The pizzas are authentic Napoletano creations from a wood fired oven, with a great look, crust and taste! The wine list is imaginative, creative and reasonable. The chef and his charming wife are the best. I live here and frequent it regularly. Never had a bad meal or experience. Give it a try..... you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Rich R
Reviewed 24 June 2017

After the waitress let us sample a few wines, we went with an inexpensive white that was crisp and refreshing -- perfect for a summer day. Then came smoked olives and Roman artichokes. The olives were fired and hot from the wood oven, slightly blistered in places and lightly smoked. The artichokes were generously herbal and wonderfully soft and nutty. We split a margherita pizza with fresh arugula on top. The charred edges were wonderful and the sauce and toppings were understatedly elegant. For dessert there was strawberry sorbet and pine nut gelato, delicious each on their own but even better mixed! The staff was very friendly and attentive. A real gem!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The small plates had a good variety of choices and were all very good, a few were outstanding. The pizzas were terrific. Very friendly service.