I am Namibian and recently decided to be a domestic tourist as many people fly in from across the world to visit my country. This lodge was my first trip and it surpassed all expectations.
The drive to the lodge is scenic but it is nothing compared to spotting the lodge and stunning mountains right behind the lodge. From the moment of arrival the staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are simple yet stunning but make sure to book a room close to reception as the walk to room 54 was too long for me!
The dinner and breakfast menu options are wonderfully delicious but the lunch options could do with some improvement. My favourite activity was relaxing pool side, watching butterflies flutter about and listening to the birds in the trees.
I truly felt like I was in a desert paradise. The only thing missing is a spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The main building and the chalets of Namib Desert Lodge are spread out along the foot of the fossilised dunes of the ancient Namib. A comfortable sojourn is guaranteed by 65 en suite rooms with air conditioning. A restaurant and bar, an inviting terrace with views of the fossilised dunes and two swimming pools beckon you to linger and relax. Oryx antelope and springbok make frequent appearances at our illuminated watering place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Namib Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namib Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Namib Desert Lodge Namibia/Namib-Naukluft Park