Namib Desert Lodge is a big lodge, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, but too expensive compared to what you get.
The food was ok, but nothing special.
The rooms for 3 people is fairly small and not much space for storage.
Nice gesture, that the guests get a welcome drink and a cold towel when arring at the lodge.
One has to be careful though when going on the sundowner / walking mountain tour, as a bit confusing and people get lost at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The main building and the chalets of Namib Desert Lodge are spread out along the foot of the fossilised dunes of the ancient Namib. A comfortable sojourn is guaranteed by 65 en suite rooms with air conditioning. A restaurant and bar, an inviting terrace with views of the fossilised dunes and two swimming pools beckon you to linger and relax. Oryx antelope and springbok make frequent appearances at our illuminated watering place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and TripOnline SA so you can book your Namib Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namib Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Namib Desert Lodge Namibia/Namib-Naukluft Park