The lodge is large so if you are unfortunate you will find yourself with quite a walk from your room to the pools. But the pools do make up for the inconvenience.
A hike across the river bed and into the dunes before breakfast is recommended, although the flies can be a bit much.
Others have commented about the management & staff attitude, compared to other Gondwana resorts. While I had no issue with the staff, I would tend to agree that the service at other Gondwana resorts is higher. That said, this is only the 3rd Gondwana resort I have stayed in, but it is by far the largest so perhaps the size has made the more personal touch from the staff not the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The main building and the chalets of Namib Desert Lodge are spread out along the foot of the fossilised dunes of the ancient Namib. A comfortable sojourn is guaranteed by 65 en suite rooms with air conditioning. A restaurant and bar, an inviting terrace with views of the fossilised dunes and two swimming pools beckon you to linger and relax. Oryx antelope and springbok make frequent appearances at our illuminated watering place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Namib Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namib Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Namib Desert Lodge Namibia/Namib-Naukluft Park