The hotel only has 100 rooms which is ideal if you want a quiet and relaxing holiday. We were in room 101 which was the furthest away from the main hotel and it was still only a couple of minutes walk to get to the reception area. There was only a couple of children there (both under 5) so I could not say if the facilities would suit older children unless all the wanted was the pool and the beach. The hotel was clean and well maintained and on the whole the staff were very helpful and smiling all the time. Too many of the staff to mention were really helpful so I will not mention any names just in case I accidently leave one out. The thought of 'melon time' especially brings a smile to my face each time I think of it.
Three sides of the hotel overlook the water, either the Atlantic or the river Gambia. Our room (101) was overlooking the Atlantic and the trees on the beach provided shade for part of the day if you just wanted to sit outside the room. The aircon is very effective and can be set to suit requirements using the remote control. My wife would have preferred rooms 111 - 120 as she likes constant sun! All rooms are on the ground floor and most areas are accessible by wheelchair but it is advisable to check access especially for electric buggies as many of the rooms are accessed by stepping stones on the grass. The hotel are quite happy to accommodate all reasonable requirements. Guest relations personnel continually walk around the hotel grounds checking that the guests are happy and have no concerns.
The food was good, limited choices compared to many all inclusive resorts elsewhere but of good quality and the hot food was always hot!
Above all, if you want somewhere hot to relax in, this is definitely the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunbeach Hotel & Resort is a top four-star, All Inclusive luxury hotel, located in the most prestigious part of The Gambia, in the very heart of Cape Point-Bakau, Gambia’s finest Beach District. The Hotel offers a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and magnificent River Gambia with swaying palms and panoramic sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunbeach Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbeach Hotel And Resort
- Sunbeach Hotel Bakau
- Sunbeach Resort Bakau
- Sunbeach Hotel & Resort Gambia, Africa - Bakau