“Trying to be a little pretentious...but decent food”
Review of Dashers Corner Pub

Dashers Corner Pub
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This was my second time eating at this restaurant, after a disastrous first experience of dining with a child with no "children's menu". This visit was much better-and I noticed that they now have a dedicated children's menu.
The menu is still an attempt to upscale Homer in finer Pub dining. They really do have a varied, eclectic menu featuring food that is visually appealing, with unique interesting tastes and textures.
The toasted cheese menu is fascinating. They took a typical toasted cheese and featured different additions to it, and paired it with a cup of tomato bisque. There are 5 types of bread (one of them is wheatberry...which is simply wheat bread!!)
I ordered The Cape Codder: lobster chunks, muenster cheese, tomato and green onion. It was absolutely heavenly! I was less than impressed with the tomato bisque or the stale tortilla chips served with it. Luckily the sandwich was so good I did not care about any of the sides. Melt- in- your- mouth goodness!
We ate outside, and our server was very good. We stayed for a very long time-but since there were always tables available for seating it seemed like it was OK. Our server never rushed us at all-but was attentive when necessary.
Overall-if you are looking for an interesting dining experience this could work for you. My sandwich was awesome-but based upon 2 dining experiences the food is hit or miss.

2  Thank Laurie P

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Nice pub atmosphere with good service and good food, but the dishes were a little overpriced. Everything we had was delicious and nicely prepared - the salad, the raw oysters, the scallops and the steak. They also have a nice selection of beers on tap.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Their bar is a fun spot to meet up with friends and we often run in to people we know.The food is usually good though it can be a bit of inconsistent. Their grilled cheese & tomato bisque menu is creative and popular.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food was god, a little expensive. The service was not as good. We had a reservation for 3. There were empty tables and two of us came 30 minutes early. They refused to seat us until the 3rd person showed up or until it was 15 minutes before our reservation. When I threatened to walk out and wait for the 3rd person outside and go somewhere else, they decided to let us sit down. We had already been standing 10 minutes without a line. So don't get there early. We have been there for lunch and the prices are more reasonable and the service was good. For lunch we were seated immediately without a reservation.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

The Delmonico steak as good. nicely seasoned..**my husbands was more bone..than meat. He got the long bone rib steak for 29.95. He was very disappointed so I gave him half of my steak... Vegetables on the plate were only 4 or 5 pieces ..The baked potato was Small.. No bread or rolls are served.. I asked to have a small salad in place of the veggies -they could not do that ..They only offered me their house salad for 6.50... I said No thanks.. The lemonade was in a small glass and very watered down.

All in all as you can guess.we most likely would only go back..only if they had a special on for something other than steak meals. I had to be honest here...It is only fair to those that read reviews so they know if they want to try a new place. ALSO I hope this review is read by the management so they can make some very Necessary changes.

The staff was very friendly..service was pretty good.