All reviews seneca lake finger lakes mom pop place great dock new york comfortable beds campfire wineries plum pillows
Reviewed 2 September 2016

While traveling along Route 14 we happened upon the sign for Rainbow Cove and decided to give it a try - we were not disappointed. A throw back to a much simpler time of vacationing (reminded me of my childhood vacationing with my Grandmother in Pennsylvania) - it was wonderful. The rooms are not fancy or modern, but they are clean and comfortable, and they do have a mini-fridge, cable TV and wi-fi. There is an on premise restaurant that offers good home cooked meals at very reasonable prices - nothing fancy, just good solid home style food and very friendly staff. The premises are immaculate, a well maintained property, including a swimming pool (non heated) that is just refreshing during a hot July or August day. There is also a small game room and a larger barn structure with games and a stage area - just like my childhood memories. The property is nestled right on Lake Seneca with a dock, with dock space and boat and kayak rentals available and a beautiful view of the Lake. At dusk there is a daily ritual of the lighting of a campfire that brings you together with your fellow travelers for conversation - anyone remember that?? - talking and not with your head buried in an electronical device - human interaction. The views of the Lake and the Night skies and the stars were awesome and relaxing. If you are looking for a break from the madness of civilization for awhile, this is the place to go - a relaxing and carefree atmosphere, you go at your own pace. It is a small, cozy Mom & Pop place, with friendly owners and staff and books up quickly (almost all booked for next July already) - but if you enjoy an out of the way place that is off the grid for awhile, this is the place for you. And if not, Watkins Glenn is 14 miles away.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BronxBill
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We respect rules are rules but not sure why during a stay where I didn't get a shower in and our adult son was in the shower when all water was lost, you chose to charge extra for a delayed check out when my husband was stranded without transportation. I hope you paid your cleaning staff the extra money you said was the reason for the fee.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Mary Ann C
gr8mom_11, Owner at Rainbow Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

we are sorry that you didn't respect our rule that check out is 11:00. If you had packed up your things and got out of the room so housekeeping could've cleaned the room for the next guest that were waiting for that room you would have not been charged the extra 20dollars. you should have asked for a late check out to see if that room was going to be available instead of going to the windmill and coming back when you felt like it. and yes housekeeping got that money. we don't understand why you couldn't get a shower because no one reported a problem with the water.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We were at the Garlic festival and it was so crowded there we didn't want to stay and eat, so we took a drive and my husband found this motel / restaurant on Seneca Lake. It didn't look like anything special but looks are deceiving. We went into the restaurant and it reminded me of an old time resort up in the catskills! It was neat and clean and our server was so friendly and welcoming. Not a large menu for lunch (which is fine with me, I am tired of looking over menus 10+ pages long, sometimes there are too many choices!) I ordered the prime rib sandwich and my husband had the BLT. Sandwiches came with either soup or salad....wow!! and the price was very reasonable! ( I recently had a sandwich at a nice bar in Syracuse, $10.00 for a sandwich on a plate with no fries, chips or even a piece of pickle, and the cup of soup was $4.50, what a major disappointment that was ). My husband's salad was nice and fresh, nothing fancy, but we weren't looking for fancy. My soup was delicious and flavorful, tomatoes, vegetables and ground beef.....homemade and full of flavor. the BLT was a very nice size, the bacon crispy, the lettuce and tomato fresh. My prime rib sandwich came on a nice soft roll, with thin cut, real prime rib, tender and hot with a horseradish sauce on the side. We were both very happy with our meals and will definitely return even though this restaurant is quite a distance away. We looked at the dinner menu, and while the choices were few, there were daily specials and we know we will be gettting a wonderful meal.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erica O
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Our first time here and won't be our last. Very peaceful atmosphere. Nothing fancy, but clean. Bonfire every night, docking for your boat, games for kids, swimming pool, gazebo, cute restaurant and great people.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

My honey and I discovered the Rainbow Cove restaurant last year and felt so peaceful.

This time we went there intent on getting booked! Lucky us, there were 2 slots open in July. We were so happy to be part of the evening ritual of gathering at the campfire, chatting while the sun colorfully disappeared over lovely Seneca Lake.

Breakfast and dinner were a delight, homey atmosphere with a deco touch with the charming service of the family owners.

Most of all we had privacy, company at the immaculate pool and fell in love with Seneca Lake's SERENITY... So we've booked next year already Thank you Jeff & Helen.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple