“Not bad for the price”

Super 8 Highland NY
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I wasn't expecting miracles at this price, just a place to lay my head for the evening and that is what I got.
Iwould have like to have seen french toast or pancakes with the waffles at breakfast they ran out of milk and could not have cereal.
The room smelled a little musty very few channels on TV and the one that we wanted to watch the picture didn't come in and it had a buzzing sound
Also, I think it us unfair that we have to pay a safe charge and then a tax on that safe charge when we didn't need one.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Highland NY

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I would have given this hotel a one but the front desk staff were the redeeming feature. They were all friendly and helpful. The only staff member that seemed a little distant was a young man who worked the night shift He was very quiet but still helpful. The sheets were clean and the bed quite comfortable. In the room was a love seat that was sketchy looking ie dirty looking and sagged in the middle. The only way we sat on it was to cover it with the bedspread. The towels were rather thin and only one per person. The tub didn't drain very well. I'm quite fussy about my bathroom and the second morning we were there I had my suspicions the sink hadn't been cleaned even though the towels had been changed. My suspicions were confirmed the next day when we came back in the afternoon. The sink had not been cleaned; the toothpaste splatters were still there as well as a few drops of toothpaste still in the sink from the morning. No one expects a fancy breakfast in a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast but there was very limited choices so we didn't even bother. Over all the hotel gave the impression of old and worn out. We stayed there as there weren't many choices in the area but I would definitely not stay there again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The good...fast check-in/ check out...friendly guy at front desk, bed was comfortable, good shower
The bad...upon arriving, all I could smell is cigarette smoke in the hallwalls.....free breakfast was what it was......no one was really managing the breakfast area....We will not stay here again as the internet photos and reviews are quite deceiving......you get what you pay for.........

Reviewed 28 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Shanell I, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Had a one night stay while on business. Super 8 hotels have been improving and we stay in them often.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Tony H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate your feedback.
Wonderful to hear that you have seen improvements with our Brand as a whole.
Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to your next trip with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
7.5 km away
Roosevelt Inn
Roosevelt Inn
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Highland

Been to Super 8 Highland NY? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Highland NY

Address: 3423 US Highway 9w, Highland, NY 12528-1902
Region: United States > New York > Highland
Beach Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Price Range: $85 - $170 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Highland NY 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Super 8 Highland NY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Highland Hotel Highland