“Great Peruvian food”

La Candela Restaurant Peruvian Cuisine
Ranked #61 of 181 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Great little restaurant nestled in a small little plaza on S Broadway in Hicksville.
Great Peruvian food to choose from. You won't be dissapointed.
Love the atmosphere as well.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

My wife and I went with a Peruvian friend and she was enthusiastic about the cuisine and told us this was Real Peruvian. I loved the Pisco Sour and the meat's were all excellent. The Chinese rice with the south american twist was excellent. The service was great and the atmosphere had good music and was good for families or parties alike. We will be back

Reviewed 17 June 2015

As a Peruvian myself I feel at home at this restaurant. Before this and some others in the area Peruvians had to make their way to Queens to get something familiar to home. With good service, clean facilities, and enjoyable entertainment, this restaurant is one of the better ones in the area for a Latin experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2015 via mobile

My wife an I have eaten there once before, friends invited us. We were there recently and I had forgotten how great the food was. The ceviche a mix seafood in vinegar and other ingredients was fabulous. The Chinese/Peruvian rice was also good. My wife had a fried seafood and veggie plates which was great too! We will definitely go back. Ohh live music on Fridays and Saturdays. Very romantic for 1st. Date. Also for discreet datingx if you know what I mean. Reasonably priced.

2  Thank DaddyJC
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Overall I have to say this place was a good choice for original Peruvian food. If you are going to this establishment just make sure you have your comfortable shoes on, there is a long wait to be seated. This place does get packed on the weekends. Get cozy in your seat cause there is a wait for the drinks and food too. The food was delicious and the sangria was fabulous. They have live entertainment on the weekends so that helped make it enjoyable.

3  Thank Beca7968