“Third visit will be our last”
Review of Jamo's

Jamo's
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Herkimer
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third visit to Jamo's. It started out nice. Friendly staff served drinks, excellent salad, nice warm bread with a sweet butter. Then our entrees arrived. My wife had good meals on our previous visits but mine were just ok. The first time I tried steak and was disappointed The second time I tried the pork chop, dried out and over cooked. This time was the broiled fisherman's dinner. 4 "miniature" baby shrimp 3 small scallops and a dry unseasoned piece of haddock. I had ordered a additional baked potato that never arrived. My wife's chicken was so tough she complained. They cooked her another piece but it was almost as bad. When the waitress asked we told her and she smiled and said I'm sorry. We left for home still hungry and very disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The worst meal I have had within the last five years. Ordered the grilled pork chops. My shoe soles would have been a better choice. Tougher than shoe leather. The salad was hideous. House dressings they say. Advise to the restaurant. Buy some Hidden Valley. At least we know it's a dressing. The string beans were inedible. What was that sauce?

The service was slow and inattentive. I had to ask another waitress several times. Couldn't find ours.

What a waste of good money with so many good restaurants out there. The dining room was loud and noisy. Terrible experience. Will never come back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Great food. Wings special was a great deal. Chop salad was delicious and humungous. Service was good but they could use more help.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Excellent salad and grilled chicken. Husband had a burger and he said it was good, fresh and juicy. He was also very happy with their beer selection on tap. They had an almond joy cheesecake, that was exceptional.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We were promptly waited on by a nice waitress which took our drink order! Hubby gets beam and tall water which was in a mason jar! He ordered the tacos which were like cowboy taco Still with a side of plain rice (hubby didn’t like plain rice). I got the fish and chips with coleslaw! Loved the homemade coleslaw and the fries had good seasoning with 3 pieces of fish which I gave 2 pieces to hubby! My favorite was the homemade bread with whipped butter! Bill was $30 which was good deal for all the food!

Date of visit: August 2018