“Excellent breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Herkimer
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Welcome to our original 1952 Mountainview Diner voted Best Upstate New York Diner. Best Atmosphere. Best Bacon. Best Hollandaise. Best Pie Crust. Now celebrating 65 years in the Mohawk Valley and once noted as the "most modern kitchen in New York." We have a HUGE menu and the best staff around. We offer special menus for Gluten Free, Kids and Seniors as well as a great Value Meal Menu including a beverage. Our food is homemade and we pay attention to all the small details. Located only one mile from the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) at exit 30. You'll be so glad you decided to come visit. Thanks for checking us out.
Reviewed 5 November 2018

First time visiting this diner. Food was excellent. Service was fantastic. Server checked on us often to make sure everything was OK. Will definitely go back again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I grew up; with diners in New Jersey. Since I moved to Florida I see few... and even fewer REAL diners. This place was real, the food was good, anmd so were the people who worked there.

I'd recommend this to ANYONE. :)

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

This was the first time I was able to go to Crazy Otto's even though I've been on this trip with my sons scouting troop before... I can see why they like to come here! ( side note.. We couldn't get in last time because it was so crowded..)

The diner itself is an eclectic old-time Diner with license plates from all over the United States as well as other places in the world on every vertical and non vertical surface.. Movie posters also help to complete the look.

And now the food..

I noticed immediately that eggs benedict was offered and in several variations.. I chose the traditional..

It was served with honey ham, perfectly poached eggs and their own in-house hollandaise sauce which I can still taste if I close my eyes..

It also came with a mound of there hash browns which I am usually not a fan of of.. But boy.. with a little bit of their Hollandaise sauce on it....yummmmm..

Others in our group ordered Chocolate chip pancakes, chicken fried steak, French toast..( which they also make a coconut version of which I will try at some point in the future) and their homemade corned beef hash for which they are apparently world-famous!

I got to meet Otto himself---which was a pleasure meeting a fellow "Baystater".. I would also like to thank Betsy who was our server that day. She was always there when we needed her---but was not like many servers who are either impossible to find or who are constantly hovering over your table!

I don't get out that way very often as it's several hours from where I actually live but I look forward to the next trip to that region.. maybe I'll do lunch or dinner next time around.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Was spending the weekend in town and found this unique gem. The service was awesome and the food was plentiful. Our waitress was very helpful with any questions we had. I had the prime rib special and it was cooked to perfection. I would recommend Crazy Ottos to anyone. I would go again.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My family really enjoyed our breakfast here, so much so that we went back the next day! Everything we ate was cooked perfectly. Servers were topping off our coffee ever few minutes. Will definitely go back next time we're in the area!