“Nice location with good food”
Review of Waterfront Grille

Waterfront Grille
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Herkimer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We were going o. The Erie Canal cruise and this is right next door. I had a tuna melt that was the best one ever. No greasy bread, no heavy mayonnaise and fabulous cheese. My husband had clams and was very pleased as well. Good service and good food right on the waterfront.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I went there with some friends after a lovely cruise on the Erie Canal. From the moment we walked in I was not happy. The staff was very rude, they were not welcoming and almost acted as if we were bothering them to get seated.
We were brought a cheese plate, actually it was dropped on our table, presentation was poor. If I would have been serving company at home I would have had the presentation much nicer. Who throws cheese and club crackers on a plate and then serves it? I would expect better of a restaurant.

Then the dinner came, I had ordered a Ceasar Salad; it was served on iceberg lettuce that did not even look fresh, the croutons were stale and tasteless. Without a doubt the worst Ceasar salad that I have ever had. The waitress did not check in with us once to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. Our water glasses were NEVER refilled. The staff kept circling our table and heaven forbid you put down your fork, to pause, because they were right there asking if you were finished? Were they low on dishes?????

It was a birthday celebration for one of our friends and we asked to have a cupcake or something to celebrate. Nothing was provided nor did they comment.
Without a doubt this was the WORST meal I have ever had at a restaurant and I would strongly recommend that no one goes there. Normally I do not comment on TripAdvisor but since the service, the attitude, and the food were subpar I felt that I needed to do this. Never again would I have anything at the Waterfront Grille. I have never been in a restaurant, where service is important, have I encountered staff so uninterested in their job.

The food was awful. I had a Ceaser Salad that was on iceberg lettuce that did not even look fresh. The croutons, on the salad, were stale and no flavor

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I was with a group of friends taking in the sights of Herkimer. Stopped at this restaurant and met with rude staff who seemed too bothered to seat us. Our waitress was at our table to take our order, checked on us once and never returned, had someone else hand us our checks. She was rude and extremely impatient with us. Each one of us ordered something different and each meal was a disaster. The salad contained limp, end of the bag iceberg lettuce with “hunks” of carrots and onions. Pasta dishes were not drained. The amount of water under the pasta filled up half a coffee cup!! Meat looked microwaved with hot and cold spots. Prices were high and meal tasteless. Staff was rude and interrupted constantly during our dinner to ask to remove plates while we were still eating. It was the worst dining experience ever!!! Too many other choices that offer friendly & professional staff and a great meal. In other words a great dining experience. This is not one of them. Remember you are paying!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped after our canal ride just for a quick bite. I had the fried haddock special and it was excellent. I am very fussy about fish - I don’t like it to taste like it smells (fussy people will understand). This fish was obviously fresh, so white and flakey. It was not over breaded and served on a nice roll, not a hamburger bun. The fries were also crispy and tasty. Worth a trip back.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Three of us went for lunch. We each ordered the haddock sandwich. When the orders arrived, we were shocked at how big the portions were. The fish, coleslaw, and the French fries were all delicious. My only concern about this restaurant was that the staff did not seem overly friendly. However, I would go again.