All reviews nice kitchen tops supermarket comfortable bed comfortable place to stay within walking distance other hotels pleasant stay one night stay fridge and microwave glenn rochester chain convenience
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The hotel is a bit dated but...The staff was friendly, helpful, and quick to assist you.
The only negative is breakfast. Very few choices, I call it "snackfast."
For the price we paid I certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Lester, thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read you loved the service provided by our courteous associates and found us to be a good value in the area. We also appreciate your observation in regard to the breakfast and have taken a note of the same. Thanks once more for your business, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I am happy I only stayed in this hotel for one night. Although the staff was friendly and accommodating, I didn't like that it did not have a pool. I did not read that information before staying there and I should have. I was expecting to take a nice relaxing dip after a few days of college visits but couldn't. I was a bit confused with the fact that the kitchen does not have the essentials you need to cook unless requested from the lobby. I have stayed in many suites before and the kitchen has always been equipped. Breakfast was just pastries and coffee. Good for one night only.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thanks for evaluating your stay. We are glad you had an overall pleasant visit and liked our service. That being said, we apologize our hotel and amenities were not to your expectations. Our hotel is designed for guests staying a week or more at a time, who prefer a home-like living experience and they bring their own personal items. So we certainly understand why you may have found our amenities a bit different than traditional hotels. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I was here for a 2 days business trip with my son. Our stay was a good experience. Hotel was clean & provided for all my needs including a small work out room with an elliptical & treadmill...Would recommend to stay here & I would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for making Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta a part of your travel plans. We are delighted to read you liked our clean facilities and had a comfortable stay. Reviews such as yours mean a lot! We look forward to welcoming you and your son back.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I booked a room here so we could see Rod Stewart in concert at the CMAC.

We were able to check in a couple hours early, as we made good time getting to the hotel. Our room was ready and we headed upstairs.

As soon as we opened the door, we could smell cigarette smoke. I went back down to the desk and asked if we could have a different room.

The girl was very nice and accommodating, so we were switched to a room on the first floor. It smelled clean and fresh, unlike the room on the second floor.

That evening my friend pointed out that there was a strange white drip marks, down the headboard and on the wall to the left of the headboard in room 129. I'm hoping it's not what we were thinking it was! It needs a little attention in the cleaning department.

It was pretty quiet, and we slept well. I zipped down to get the girls a Tea in the morning… The breakfast table was supposed to be available until 930. I got there at 9:10, there were no muffins left, the hot water for tea was gone,and no milk.
I asked the fellow in the lobby about it and he went and got me hot water right away… I used coffee creamer for the tea.

We were supposed to have free Wi-Fi, and it sort of worked… But not really!
The front desk helped us in the morning to print out maps to Walmart and how to get home, since we seem to have difficulty getting around the area!

When we got to Walmart all our emails and Facebook messages started dinging as the Wi-Fi in Walmart must be better!

It's not in the most convenient place, we got lost twice trying to find it. So if you book here, make sure that you have maps and MapQuest. We're Canadian and our GPS and our phones did not work in the whole area of Rochester… I don't know why, but we couldn't use the GPS on our iPhones, and my friend has service with Bell and can get reception in Aruba!

The price was right and it was only one night stay, but if I was in the area again I probably would not stay here… Only because of the location, I preferred to stay on a main road.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to know your overall stay with us was satisfactory and that you were impressed with our courteous associates. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve ourselves going forward. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

What I Liked Most
1. Nice and friendly staff
2. Nice location; Convenient to shopping and local attractions
3. Free parking (big parking lot with lots of parking spots)
4. Free internet
5. Clean nice size room
6. Comfortable bed; nice clean sheets; soft clean pillows; warm comforter
7. Clean bathroom
8. Full kitchen with cooking pots and utensils; fridge; microwave

What I Liked Least / Didn't Like
1. Free To Go breakfast (not the usual free continental breakfast offered in other hotels - no hot meals like sausages, scrambled eggs, toasted breads, etc); They serve muffins, oatmeal to go, banana, apple, coffee, tea
2. No swimming pool
3. Hallways are dark / not well lit
4. Airconditioner is loud (some hotels have quiet or less noisy ones)

Overall, if you are looking for a room to stay for a night or two at a decent price and do not care for pools and hot meals, I would recommend this hotel. Cozy room and really nice and friendly staff. They do their best to make sure you have a nice stay. Kudos to the manager of the place

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to know you liked most of the aspects of our hotel and that your overall stay was good. With that said, I am sorry for not meeting all of your expectation. We hope the positive aspects of your visit will encourage you to choose us again the next time you are in this area.