All reviews front desk nice kitchen comfortable place to stay laundry room full size refrigerator a great stay cleaning staff other hotels in the area room was clean and comfortable commons rochester toaster convenience accommodations
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I had never heard of this branch of hotels before so didn't know what to expect. We had arrived late in the evening and were tired from the drive. The front desk personnel was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was spacious and very clean with a refrigerator,sink, and microwave which was a surprise to us. The beds were comfortable and room was very quiet. I would stay again. It's located in a convenient location close to local restaurants and stores. Upon check out there was a glitch in the bill that was quickly resolved in a professional and friendly manner. Breakfast in the lobby is a grab and go with coffee.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable due to the customer service provided by our staff and your satisfaction with the accommodations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Extended Stay Rochester is a very decent place to stay at a very reasonable price. The basic facilities including Kitchen and utensils for the kitchen are very good. Overall it is a very decent place.

Room tip: Rooms in 3rd Floor.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is food to know you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen in your room as well as the affordable price for accommodations. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

This was an overnight stay for a local event where all hotels in the area of this price range were already fully booked. It turned out our online reservation was an overbooking, but it sure beat another hotel chain routing my call to India.

Clarence at the Front Desk was extremely attentive. We had arrived just a little earlier than our check-in time, and he broke the news to us that our booked 2-double-beds had to be replaced by a single-queen room. We were so grateful to get a room at all, so he went to find a cot for our son; I can understand the hotel not having the cot ready in the room for us because another family might have just decided to go elsewhere. He gave us a discount for the modified accommodations. While he was getting our cot, another guest came in who seemed like he just needed to ask a question; we explained where Clarence had gone, and we let the other gentleman state his business first as soon as Clarence returned. It just kept everybody calm and happy, and Clarence delivered the cot to our room once all other awaiting guests had been taken care of.

I believe reviews need to take into account the price range one is paying. Over the past few years, we have been staying at a lot of different hotels here and there. For me, having a calm and friendly front desk person is the single most reason I would want to return because it gives hope that problems can be resolved with care and respect. I'm there for rest, not to have to argue my rights as a consumer.

This was also the first time we had to use the laundry room at a hotel. The laundry room was clean and spacious; I was especially impressed that the vending machines had enough variety for people's different tastes -- ie, big name brands, and also less known brands for those boycotting big name brands.

The breakfast was grab-and-go style which I knew ahead of time, so there was more than I had imagined. Simple non-sugary oatmeal was available; don't take it for granted -- in some other hotels, I have had to remove clumps from packets because sugary was the only option. The premise of this type of hotel is that you are staying long-term, so you do not want to have to pay for upkeep for those staying short-term, but short-term stays are welcome.

If you are trying to save money, which I presume is the type of clientele, it is a fantastic location right next to and down the street from a *huge* amount of shopping. You can easily go find food, or stock up on food. You are trying to keep your base expenditure (needing a roof over your head for some amount of time) as low as possible, and have spending for extras in your own control.

I will be looking out for Extended Stay America in my travels from now on. Before this, I hadn't realized that a one-night stay was an option here, so I am extremely excited to check out where else they are located.

Room tip: Room was quiet, despite facing a shopping plaza. We were on the left side facing the hotel entrance, on the third floor.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank RamblingRose7
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

The team and I appreciate you positive comments about your experience We are so pleased to hear that our staff member, Clarence, was able to assist you so well and accommodated you promptly. It is also great to see that our amenities were to your liking. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Great room, comfortable bed, plenty of space! Unfortunately I was only there to sleep and leave early this morning, but the room was absolutely great for a more extended stay. Very friendly front desk staff!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing. All the positive comments about the room, the space, and the stay you had at our hotel are satisfying. We are glad to provide you with quality accommodations and customer service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

The room was nice, spacious and more than adequate for what we needed. Glenn was awesome, he made sure everything was taken care of, and made sure we knew to ask him about anything---restaurants in the area, recommendations for things to do, etc...We had a bad experience at an Extended Stay(not this one), but this more than made up for it. Employees like him are the difference between companies that customers love to go to and ones they hate going to. Great employee, and our stay was awesome.

Room tip: Priceline typically has rooms for halfprice in Express Deals--booked a $114 room for $45
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Metin E
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

It is so rewarding to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read you were presented with noteworthy customer service at our hotel. Our staff, especially Glenn, will be informed on the good job they are doing accommodating guests. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.