“Very nice accomodations and area for biking”
Review of Aspinwall Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Henderson Harbor
Aspinwall Motel
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Biked from Cape Vincent down to AspinWall Motel. Very nice area for biking. All the roads have wide shoulders. Some hills at the beginning but flattens out as you go south. Wasn't sure what to expect with the motel since I had booked before we got there. Very nice place to stay. Very comfortable and clean. Room are very nicely furnished. When we got to our room, the owner delivered a plate of cheese, crackers and grape which gives a special welcome atmosphere.

At the recommendations of the owner we had dinner at the Cooper Landing restaurant. Family style cooking with reasonable prices and a good selection. They ran out of their specials early so the earlier the better. Looking forward to going back again and continue biking south around the lake.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We spent 1 night at the Aspinwall Motel after a day of fishing out on the Lake. The rooms were very clean and well appointed with a comfortable bed for a nice quiet nights sleep. The proximity to the Dinner (Colleen's) was an added bonus and would definitely recommend for anyone passing through Henderson.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed here for two nights for a family gathering in the area, the hosts are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I think this is our 3rd time. Once again everything was in excellent condition. The bed was firm but not too hard. I was surprised how well I slept and how quiet the room was. It is close and convenient to Colleen's Cherry Tree Inn. There is a refrigerator in the room and FREE Wi-Fi!

Room Tip: When you call and reserve, ask!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband, myself and our 10 month old baby recently stayed 8 nights at the Aspinwall Motel. We were up visiting my family in the local area and decided to stay at this motel for a little more room. We loved this motel! It was very homey and cozy!! Barb was so pleasant and helpful!! The coffee and pastries in the morning were always a nice treat to wake up to. The rooms were very clean everything was perfect! Can't wait to stay there again in the future!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

What a great little gem in the Henderson Harbor area. My brother and I were looking for a place to stay after a long day on our motorcycles. We like small friendly motels as opposed to the national chains so we choose the Aspinwall Motel and I am glad we did. Barb made our reservation and she and Gary were there to greet and check us in. As it turned out Gary is an automotive buff, and is restoring a1940's MG. He was delighted to show us his work and even took my brother out for a test run. The next morning Barb offered us some of her home made banana bread, coffee and some great conversation. If you are looking for a clean comfortable room with exceptional service hosted by two of the nicest people this is the place to stay. I highly recommend you stay here if your visiting the Henderson Harbor area.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
motelgary, Owner at Aspinwall Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Hey thanks for the review! Always glad to have riders come in so I can at least share their stories since I haven't ridden in a while. Glad you enjoyed your stay and got home safely. The reviews are a big help getting the word out to travelers. Have to get going on the MG when it cools off a bit. Thanks again, Gary.

Been to Aspinwall Motel? Share your experiences!