See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I have stayed for years, it was old and worn out we were excited about new owners, stayed again last year it was great, this year I was very busy when I stayed, I didn't have access to phone or internet didn't have time to mess around with trying to rectify the situation, like I said we have been coming for 10 years or more figured it was not a huge deal I will tell them about it when I get home as they missed cleaning my sink - that they dumped coffee in and wiping the fridge top that I spilled coffee on. The bigger issue was that I found old menstrual stains on the sheets of one of the beds when I went to get in so I left the sheets open to the stains and slept with my daughter was out before 7am and did not return until after 1 am both nights/days second night sheets were not changed was not happy at 1 am but slept with my daughter again and contacted them when I returned home ( canada) this is their response :

I am sorry to hear that your time at the motel was not enjoyable. The delay in my response is due to the time it took me to speak with both my housekeeper and linen service company as this is not a typical response that we recieve.

We are not perfect, and in the event that a guest room required extra attention we have received notice, either an email, phone call or note left for housekeeping and have addressed it immediately. Last year we did not offer housekeeping daily, as not all motels do, however this year we are offering this service. Daily freshening includes restocking all used coffee and cups, making up the beds, taking out the trash, and replacing used towels (standard policy of taking them out if on the floor, and leaving them if they are hung).

We feel were not given the opportunity to rectify your concern. At Check In your room was clean and fresh. It appears to me that this was a spill or something and this was not there at Check In. We ourselves do not wash the linens, the linen company cleans, washes and presses all of our laundry and anything with stains, rips or tears does not go back into circulation, and they deliver them weekly. At this time I am able to offer you $25 off of a future stay. Please accept our apologies for your stay on Saturday and we hope you will stay with us again next year.

Michelle

....I understand mistakes happen and oversights but honestly I am so insulted I paid $120 per night $25? Really? How insulting, you had to check with your cleaning lady and linen service before you called me a liar? because of your response to me Michelle I will not return. I left the sheets with the stain facing up as you can see in the picture.

Room tip: Stay down the road the service is better and the rooms are equal
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I reserved all 7 of the rooms in this motel for my August 19th wedding. The owner was so, incredibly sweet and accommodating! All of our guests LOVED the view and the nicely renovated rooms! They were clean and comfortable with an incredible view. I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Henderson Harbor with top notch customer service. We love The Sunset and are so thankful for their hospitality to our guests. It made our wedding weekend perfect!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
The Sunset Mote... H, Owner at The Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Hi Kelly!

Thank you for the great review! We were happy to be a part of your weekend! We appreciate your business and hope we will see you for a future stay!

Take care,

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Our room was comfortable, modern, and well appointed. Michelle responded to each request with a kind and thoughtful response. We were notified quickly when our room was available early. Your room entry code is sent directly in text to your cell phone. Uncomplicated, no fuss, clean, modern room that opens to a new deck directly over the water.
We will be back ! Thanks it was great!

Date of stay: July 2017
The Sunset Mote... H, Owner at The Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi Teena!

We are so happy to hear everything went smoothly from your initial inquiry to your departure! TI am glad you like the key pad feature, I think it has really been working out well for our guests too! I know you are very busy but we hope to see you soon for another mini vacation! Thank you for the nice review!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My Husband and I were the very 1st clients of the Sunset Motel with the new management back in June 2016, (trip advisor date didn't go back that far) They did a awesome job renovating the place we had stayed there prior owners. We, love the new facelift and attention to details peaceful and serene feeling, great place to relax. Did catch some big fishes (can't remember the names) this location is close proximity of the Cherry Tree Restaurant, Few Restaurant do deliver there, Watertown NY only 20 minute or so away. Pub walking distance away. I give this place a huge recommendation to family and friends. Lots of Love from your Texas Clients. Thanks you, Tyler and Michelle, for making us feel so Welcomed, good luck future business, Congrats on "The Sunset" a place deserving of its name.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
The Sunset Mote... H, Owner at The Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Inez!

Thank you for finding us on here! When I look back at that day in June 2016, I remember so many emotions as we were officially starting this journey and it was a great day! It was wonderful to meet your family and welcome you as our first guests! I am very much looking forward to seeing you this week, we finished the exterior renovations throughout last summer and we think you will appreciate it when you arrive! See you soon!

Tyler & Michelle

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times but this is our second year staying at the newly renovated motel. Michelle is such a gracious hostess. Had a problem with the air conditioner and being so hot and humid, we called Michelle and she sent her husband over right away. Felt bad for him as I'm sure he was tired from just putting in a days work. He tried his best to get it working and it did work some what that night. Next day we were out and about and Michelle called to see if it was ok for her husband to come over as he had bought a new ac and wanted to install it. Don't get that at the big hotel chains. Very grateful for the quick remedy. Love the place as its right on the water. Beautiful sunsets. So if your passing through and need a place to stay, check this motel out. Thanks Michelle.

Hi Rhea!

Thank you for the very nice review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it is our absolute pleasure to be sure you are happy and comfortable during your stay! We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Tyler & Michelle