“Relaxing getaway with an excellent location in the Finger Lakes”
Review of Magnolia Place

and 1 more site!
Magnolia Place
Ranked #1 of 2 Hector B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Relaxing getaway with an excellent location in the Finger Lakes”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for a relaxing long weekend of food & wine tastings in the Finger Lakes. We chose it because of its location, which is right in the middle of the best food & wineries (IMHO) in the area.

Magnolia Place is located in an 1800s farmhouse that is lovingly decorated and maintained. The rooms were comfy and the fire in the public space downstairs was always so warm and inviting. The owners, Ted & Terri, could not be more hospitable and are excellent cooks.

If you go, be sure to visit Shalestone for their reds and Silver Thread, and the food at Red Newt & Dano's was delicious.

Room Tip: The Lake Room has a beautiful view of Seneca Lake. We also stayed in the Rose Room, which was reall...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Emerson, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at Magnolia place 9/23-9/25. I'm so happy we decided to stay here, because this place was great. Ted and Terri are great hosts, and the lab Irish steals the show. The breakfasts are amazing there was blueberry stuffed french toast, egg souffle, muffins, pumpkin bread and fresh fruit. I'm making the blueberry french toast for Christmas, it was that good. There was more food but I can't remember ALL of it. The room and the bathroom were spotless and very cozy, and we had a balcony with a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding area. The location of the B&B is perfect, smack in the middle of the wineries and great restaurants surrounding it. We couldn't have picked a better B&B. We are already starting to plan our next trip up!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Khansen29
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here at the Magnolia Place in the Magnolia suite from 9/22-9/25. I read multiple reviews online and had a glowing review from my parents as well and I must say this place is truly great and lived up to the hype. Ted and Terri are incredibly nice and their dog Irish is the biggest mushy, lovable dog on earth. We even arrived late and on the kitchen counter they had our key and bill with directions to our room waiting. They make you feel like you're not only staying there, but living there. First and foremost, I NEED to talk about the breakfasts. They are rich, tasteful, and possibly some of the best meals I've ever had. Blueberry stuffed french toast, pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup, and egg souffles were highlights. And they have some of the recipes on their website! Incredible.

The room was excellent with an in room bathroom and Jacuzzi. Jacuzzi was put to use 2 out of 3 nights. Took a while to fill up (15-20 minutes), but was worth the wait as it was the ultimate relaxing thing to do after a hard day of traveling, wine, and food.

The region is amazing and you will be overwhelmed by the staggering number of wineries, small shops, and restaurants. Do some research before coming here as you will need to have a plan for each day. Highly recommended wineries are Dr. K. Frank's, Weimer, Damiani, Shalestone, and 4 Chimney's (organic). Dr. Frank's is on another lake, so, like I said, be sure you have a plan of attack. You'll need a whole day or 2 to see all the places you'd like. Stone Cat Cafe and Red Newt Inn were WAY above average, borderline excellent, restaurants located within 2 miles of Magnolia. Highly recommend both of them.

You need to hike Watkins Glenn. It is one of the most beautiful places in the area and in the northeast, in my opinion. Allot 2-3 hours for this. We went the day after a big rain and the waters and falls were simply stunning. Worth the trek and they have a shuttle to come back down if you're too tired. We hiked up and down, but were not completely worn out. Would do this again in a heartbeat.

As far as a return visit, we will absolutely be staying here again, maybe trying another room for comparisons sake.

Make this a must visit when you stay in the finger lakes. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: They're all good. Not a bad one in the entire place, but ours was exceptional. In room bathroom...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gregson3319
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week and we completely loved every moment of it. The house is lovely and has tons of indoor and outdoor seating areas. Our favorite place to sit at night were the rocking chairs on the porch, facing the vineyards and the lake.

Our room was comfortable and clean and house keeping did a great job keeping things that way. The food was exceptional and the owners were very generous and relaxed. This is the ideal place to stay if you are interested in the best wine and food in the finger lakes. Perhaps our favorite part was being just minutes from the four best restaurants on seneca lake and having easy access to watkins glen, the east coast seneca wineries, and all of cayuga lake. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zepelinkid
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This past weekend my husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary with a stay at the Magnolia Place B&B. What a beautfiul place it was! We stayed in the Lilac suite that was complete with a jucuzzi tub. The room was spotless and included several little touches within the decor that made it feel very special. We had a private entrance onto the large porch that overlooked Seneca Lake where we could enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine while we sat in rockers looking out over the lake. Breakfast was probably our favorite part of the weekend. The owners provided a gourmet breakfast each morning with some tasty familiar foods as well as some great unique ones. We never left breakfast hungry! The grounds of the B&B were stunning with beautiful flowerbeds everywhere. This is definitely a place that the owners take pride in! We also enjoyed the personal attention we got. When my husband and I had questions about good places to eat or visit, the owners where quick to point out great places for us. They defintily seem to enjoy thier work and try to make thier customers happy and feel at home. An extra special treat, especial for the dessert lover that I am, they provided a small dessert each evening along with tea or hot chocolate. If you can't tell from what I've already written, I highly recommend Magnolia Place and would definitly return there myself.

Room Tip: Book your room early as this place seemed to fill up quick!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saracate1231
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hector
11.6 km away
The Inn at Grist Iron
#1 of 4 in Burdett
6.1 km away
The Pearl of Seneca Lake B&B

Been to Magnolia Place? Share your experiences!