“Good and Plenty”

Gordo's Bar and Grill
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I am an outpatient at Westchester Medical Center and visit this area often. We were looking for different places to eat and a waitress at another restaurant told us she comes to Gordo's often. I like the feeling of this restaurant, not new and fancy, but just small town type feeling. We were greeted by our host as we walked in and quickly seated. They had live music playing in the bar area which added to this "hometown not a chain restaurant feeling". I heard that the bar-b-q was excellent so both my wife ordered the 1/2 chicken. It came with beans, corn on the cob, cole slaw and corn bread. Excellent choice and a good size portion. Next to us was a family of eleven so we got to view some of the other selections. Burgers, wings and salads were super sized portions. The menu also has prime rib on weekends and something for everyone like ribs, sandwiches, chicken dishes and seafood. What a deal for all this great home cooking. I wish they had a place like this at home but since I will keep coming to Westchester Med often, this will be my restaurant of choice.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

meal was good,fresh and tasy, plentiful and priced right, wait staff was very attentive and personable. bar crowd was good also seems to be a popular place, we will go back again

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Place needs to be modernized, resturant carpet is shot, tables are old and worn. Bar is really antiquated. With that said I usually get served a good meal with good portions at a great price. Dont like changed they made to drink portions are they suddenly got small and dishware was dirty, and dinnerware is worn and old.... bit disappointing. Come owner modernize the place.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

While they don't have an indoor playground like McDonalds, our grandkids love going to Gordo's with us. Good, solid burgers and fries, many other great dishes for grandparents and adventurous kids (unlike our two...) The place is dated, just like your favorite sweater and that's fine with us. The service is friendly and efficient.

This place is a family favorite.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

This place has been around for ever, you could even call it an institution. I remember growing up and it being around. Wife and I stopped there for lunch when viewing houses in the area. What a terrible experience. The "crowd" was two tables of retiree that probably come here because they have forever. That plus our table seemed to be too much for the waitress to handle. Food was beyond abysmal. A burger and a sandwich, something that should be impossible to screw up. The place itself is old and dirty, the type of dirt that's in the walls, ceiling and furnishing. This place is beyond life support and only exist due to lack of alternatives.

1  Thank Marc C